Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Kona 64kWh Ultimate delivery end of 2022.
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have ordered a kona electric; I want to familiarise myself with the cruise control operation. The only pdf download manual I can find does not cover CC. Can anyone give me a link to a manual for cruise controls in ELECTRIC ONLY?

·
Registered
2022 Kona Highlander EV 64kW battery
10 Posts
In all the PDF manuals I've found for the Kona Electric the Cruise Control and Smart Cruise Control are covered in Chapter 7. Are you sure it isn't in the ones you have?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In all the PDF manuals I've found for the Kona Electric the Cruise Control and Smart Cruise Control are covered in Chapter 7. Are you sure it isn't in the ones you have?
Thank you 2 Crow. Yes, I have now found something. It was the initial listing which threw me, where there was no mention of cruise. A full index in the back would be helpful! I have now found the chapter 7 section but, so far, I cannot see instructions for all the modes, including lane following. In the test drive I took, I pressed buttons at random and it seemed that the "Mode" switch stepped through the options. Last night I had not found instructions. I did find in Chapter 5, I think, a mention that jump leads instructions can be found in Chapter 6 - but it is not in infotainment, but it can be found in Chapter 8. My test drive was in a 2022 Kona; I wonder if the manual I have downloaded is for a previous model/software. It seems to me that the EV manual has been built on the petrol/diesel models - eg pistons are mentioned in the cooling liquid section. I am so impatient to get my Kona EV, but I have 7 or 8 months to wait! Evidently there is a whole new level of complexity in driving an EV, compared with an old-fashioned "automatic" car - bring it on!

·
Registered
2022 Kona Highlander EV 64kW battery
10 Posts
My test drive was in a 2022 Kona; I wonder if the manual I have downloaded is for a previous model/software.
This manual covers the 2022 model Kona and it even comes with an index. We have a separate paper Infotainment manual which is pretty much worthless!

It seems to me that the EV manual has been built on the petrol/diesel models - eg pistons are mentioned in the cooling liquid section.
Indeed, my wife noticed a few references that could only apply to the petrol version.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This manual covers the 2022 model Kona and it even comes with an index. We have a separate paper Infotainment manual which is pretty much worthless!

Indeed, my wife noticed a few references that could only apply to the petrol version.
Thank You 2Crows. Unfortunately your link won't play on my laptop.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have ordered a kona electric; I want to familiarise myself with the cruise control operation. The only pdf download manual I can find does not cover CC. Can anyone give me a link to a manual for cruise controls in ELECTRIC ONLY?
Like many functions of the Kona I do not believe that the fully electric version (that I own) differs from any other version. Simply press the function button once, drive at desired speed and "set" using a downward movement of the toggle switch. You can adjust cruising speed up or down using the toggle switch. Manual braking will suspend the operation of cruise control. Cancel by pressing the function button twice. Like all cruise controls YOU must as the driver be ready to brake if you think the car has made a mistake.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Like many functions of the Kona I do not believe that the fully electric version (that I own) differs from any other version. Simply press the function button once, drive at desired speed and "set" using a downward movement of the toggle switch. You can adjust cruising speed up or down using the toggle switch. Manual braking will suspend the operation of cruise control. Cancel by pressing the function button twice. Like all cruise controls YOU must as the driver be ready to brake if you think the car has made a mistake.
Thanks RiccyB. That I am comfortable with. It was the other modes that I wanted explained, and I now have a better understanding of them. Latching on to a car ahead, lane guidance and also to know about blind spot warning; I have seen various complaints about these modes; not really surprising as the increased complication for the algorithms must cause failure sometimes! As you say the driver must retain awareness, and also know how to disable a mode if necessary.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Only issue I have in this regard is that in some circumstances the Kona doesn't 100% pickup on stationary traffic ahead. Haven't encountered any other issues in this area, except that when passing a vehicle the blind spot warning will bleep when you pull back in front of the car that you have just passed if it thinks you didn't allow enough distance. Two other points of interest: Firstly that when you start driving you always have to switch "auto hold" back on and this cannot be defaulted in the settings, when I asked the garage their mechanics expression said it all as it must be requested frequently. Secondly the "dust seals" around the doors are very soft and prone to wear, are not covered by warranty and cost about £250 to replace. As the driver they tend to rub against winter coats when getting into the car. Am I impressed yes, although you should aim to keep the battery in the 80 to 20% charge range and expect a sharp decrease in winter range. I have only had I fault in 22 months, when for some unexplained reason the 12v battery (which commands everything) unexpectedly went flat, which is one of the most commonly reported faults. Also recommend a service plan, as for example there are frequent software updates, each of which can take an hour and at last service mine had 5. Service plan I discovered also includes very good linked AA assistance, having had the flat battery issue. AA restarted (jump lead) the car, accompanied me to a garage 14 miles away, returned me home and organised a hire car whilst they investigated over Easter.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts