Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright simple enough. Bought the Kona without the convenience package because it ran over 2500 dollars. I want to add the wireless charging module and the heated seats switches. Anyone tried this before in any of the Konas? Curious if there is something in the computer telling it no or if its just plug and play since I know the harness is there for the Heated Seats. Not sure about the Qi charger yet.

·
Registered
2018 Kona limited.
981 Posts
Alright simple enough. Bought the Kona without the convenience package because it ran over 2500 dollars. I want to add the wireless charging module and the heated seats switches. Anyone tried this before in any of the Konas? Curious if there is something in the computer telling it no or if its just plug and play since I know the harness is there for the Heated Seats. Not sure about the Qi charger yet.
Adding the heated switches wont do anything, you need to change out the seats, the airbags, the harness, and the of coarse the switches. Since its a new vehicle, your looking about $2k in parts, then labor for installation.

On a side note, avoid the Qi Charger by Hyundai/kia. Nothing but problems with them. Hundreds of complaints every day on the 32 kona facebook pages, and quite a few here.

·
Registered
101 Posts
The wireless charger is useless. Hyundai rushed it into production before it was ready. On a good day it’ll keep your phone at the same percentage it was when you put it on the pad initially. On normal days it’ll slow down how quickly your phone loses power but not charge it. On bad days it doesn’t even work at all. If you need to charge in the car just use a wire.

·
Registered
111 Posts
The wireless charger is useless. Hyundai rushed it into production before it was ready. On a good day it’ll keep your phone at the same percentage it was when you put it on the pad initially. On normal days it’ll slow down how quickly your phone loses power but not charge it. On bad days it doesn’t even work at all. If you need to charge in the car just use a wire.
Unfortunately I must agree. Totally useless on my Samsung 21+. I've been thru four chargers already.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts