Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Looked in the forum and couldn't find a thread started for the N-Line.

Yesterday I installed the Universal Rally Armor on my Kona; I reached Rally Armor and the 2021 kit won't fit the 2022, so they haven't design the kit for this model.

Looking at what hardware they used, I used that as inspiration to find some similar hardware at the store.

Here is what I used, starting at the rear which is the complicated side ( Adjustable pre-drilled bracket, x2 M5 bolts, washers and nuts for each mudflap, stock side screws and stock bottom crew clip). I had to drill a bigger hole on the bracket to be able to fit the screw clip at the bottom.

Distance rear: 4.5" from ground to bottom of mud flap

The front side was easier, Just use the stock screws and screw clip:

Distance front: 4" from ground to bottom of mud flap

BONUS TIP:

Don't drill circle holes, make oval shapes as they mudflaps will need to be adjusted (Please look closely to the drilled holes on the mud flaps)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Very impressively done! Ironically Rally Armor is located near me in NYC. I will actually be taking my 2022 N Line to have it laser measured and tested at their warehouse this weekend. So presumably, they should have the 2022 versions rolled out quite soon after, for anyone interested.

·
Registered
202 Kona N Line w/ tech package on 19in Konig Ampliforms
139 Posts
Very impressively done! Ironically Rally Armor is located near me in NYC. I will actually be taking my 2022 N Line to have it laser measured and tested at their warehouse this weekend. So presumably, they should have the 2022 versions rolled out quite soon after, for anyone interested.
Great to know, please keep us updated!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Great to know, please keep us updated!
The front flaps from the 21 fits. However the rears are offset slightly due to the new bumper design. Rally Armor has the new measurements. We should have a final product by next week. Will keep you guys posted!

·
Registered
2020 black kona limited
143 Posts
do you actually need hardware to install these mudflaps? i cant decide between the universal vs the full kit

·
Registered
12 Posts
do you actually need hardware to install these mudflaps? i cant decide between the universal vs the full kit
Typically if you buy Rally Armor flaps for your specific vehicle, it comes with all hardware you need; whether its screws, washers, brackets, etc. All you need is a screw driver and wrench (sometimes). I’ve been buying from them since 2011. Always an easy install. As for the universals, I am unsure as I have never purchases them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Typically if you buy Rally Armor flaps for your specific vehicle, it comes with all hardware you need; whether its screws, washers, brackets, etc. All you need is a screw driver and wrench (sometimes). I’ve been buying from them since 2011. Always an easy install. As for the universals, I am unsure as I have never purchases them.
For the Universal on the front side you don't need hardware except for the original screws and clips, however the rear is tricky, because there is no mounting points inside the wheel well, if you don't use a hardware like I did to mount it to the bottom portion of the bumper, then you will need to drill a few screws thru the plastic cover on the wheel well.

·
Registered
2020 black kona limited
143 Posts
For the Universal on the front side you don't need hardware except for the original screws and clips, however the rear is tricky, because there is no mounting points inside the wheel well, if you don't use a hardware like I did to mount it to the bottom portion of the bumper, then you will need to drill a few screws thru the plastic cover on the wheel well.
cool cool thanks guys

1 - 10 of 10 Posts