Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you are having problems opening your Konacheck the battery - just cost me $158 to replace 2 x 2.5 year old batteries. Initial contact with dealer was assured I it was probably a faulty fob and replaceable under warranty! No suggestion to check the battery!

·
Registered
2019 KONA Ultimate
46 Posts
Let me get this right. The Hyundai dealer charged you $158 dollars to change the batteries in your two key fobs? Or $158 dollars to change two car batteries.?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Jaysus, that's a 5 minute job at most to change fob batteries, your dealer is a crook. At least Dick Turpin wore a mask. That should have been a freebie. How to win a repeat customer.NOT!

Pat.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I need to say I’m very disappointed in Hyundai. Regardless of who is wrong or right in this situation, I get customers that come into the locksmith shop where I work all the time requesting us to change the batteries in there key fobs simply because when they started there car, a “low battery” message came on the dash. This is something basic that almost all car makers have done since at least 2007. Hopefully someone at Hyundai/Kia followers the forms and reads this.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts