Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2020 Limited USA. Has this happened to anyone else. Several times now after shutting down via push button my car gives me message that “key fob not in car” and keeps an alarm going. This has happened with both fobs. My key fob was in the car. To stop this alarm I needed to start car again and shut down.?
Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Any large amount of material can degrade the key fob signal, so if you have a lot of stuff in that purse might not help the signal strength. That being said, I still have problems with that once in a while and fix it generally by just turning the car right off and on and then it picks up the fob signal. if you’ve either not replaced the battery in the fob or just replaced it after a year, I’d replace it with a new battery just to eliminate the possibility of a weak battery or lose battery connection in the fob and go from there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Any large amount of material can degrade the key fob signal, so if you have a lot of stuff in that purse might not help the signal strength. That being said, I still have problems with that once in a while and fix it generally by just turning the car right off and on and then it picks up the fob signal. if you’ve either not replaced the battery in the fob or just replaced it after a year, I’d replace it with a new battery just to eliminate the possibility of a weak battery or lose battery connection in the fob and go from there.
Thank you! I have noticed that the signal seems activated when I touch the On button with the key itself to start the car. Will check/change the battery and ditch excess from purse,too.About time for that~

1 - 8 of 8 Posts