Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been able to carry a kayak on top of their car? I have a kona ultimate with a roof rack and cross rails and I need to get a kayak specific rack. I have a 12 foot kayak. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
348 Posts
The Thule Hullavator is awesome and pricey but makes getting it up and down a breeze, Malone makes some nice 'yak mounts too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone been able to carry a kayak on top of their car? I have a kona ultimate with a roof rack and cross rails and I need to get a kayak specific rack. I have a 12 foot kayak. Any recommendations?
I actually purchased 2 Malone Downloader Folding J-style Kayak Carriers for my Kona. I have 2 -10’ Kayaks, that fit with no problem. They are very easy to set up. In no time you are on your way.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I actually purchased 2 Malone Downloader Folding J-style Kayak Carriers for my Kona. I have 2 -10’ Kayaks, that fit with no problem. They are very easy to set up. In no time you are on your way.
Marly - Do you have the factory crossbar rack that the J-style carriers are attached to? How does it ride at highway speeds?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Marly - Do you have the factory crossbar rack that the J-style carriers are attached to? How does it ride at highway speeds?
Yes I purchased the factory crossbars online (much cheaper then going they a dealer). I have not had any problems driving.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts