Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed this on the bottom of my steering wheel today. I haven't hit the steering wheel with anything and when I get in and out I don't even come close to touching the steering wheel. The only thing I can think is when the guy drove my car from Missouri he hit it when he got in or out and I just noticed it today. I don't usually have my hands on the bottom of the steering wheel I usually have them on the top. I don't keep anything on my belt either like a cell phone or pocket knife or anything and my belt buckle doesn't come close to that section when I get in and out of the vehicle . I went to the Hyundai dealership and they took pictures and said they would submit something to Hyundai on Perryville here back if it'll be covered under warranty sometime next week. If they decide not to cover it under warranty is there anything I can do to keep it from getting worse?

Attachments

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm hoping they will fix it under warranty, if they don't is there anything I can do to keep it from getting worse, or to get it to go away?

·
Registered
259 Posts
It looks cosmetic and it isn't uncommon for leather to get scuffed up - that said, I had a leather phone case that had something similar and it bothered the **** out of me, I focused on it - fast forward a few months and everyday use had smoothed it out and worn it down and along with the patina that it created it looked and felt better than when it did new. It doesn't appear to be deep and the stitching appears undamaged so I would be surprised if it got worse.

·
Banned
1,281 Posts
It's from a belt buckle, I've done this before on my own vehicles. Looks just the same as when I did it. It won't get worse it's a scuff in the leather. I'm conscience of it now. I hope you get some satisfaction in replacement.:smile:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's from a belt buckle, I've done this before on my own vehicles. Looks just the same as when I did it. It won't get worse it's a scuff in the leather. I'm conscience of it now. I hope you get some satisfaction in replacement.:smile:
Yeah I figured it was from something like that. It can't be from me though, cause when I get in and out of the car, I don't even come close to hitting the steering wheel. Especially with my belt buckle.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
**** me 3 ways from sunday. I just did the exact same thing in the exact same spot because I had my pocket knife clipped in my pocket. Gonna call the dealer and ask how much to replace it again. I'm sure it will be too expensive, so I will probably either just put some leather conditioner on it or get a cover from wheelskins.com when they come out with one for the kona.

·
Banned
1,281 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anyone know the outside diameter of the steering wheel? I can measure it tonight, but if I know it sooner I can order something.

·
Banned
1,281 Posts
It's a little shy of 14.5 . usually a 14.5-15" diameter wheel cover will work. Don't get any larger. I went thru several to get the right size. If you go to eBay, make sure you type in Hyundai Kona in the title along with the Genuine Wheel Cover.

Blessings and Peace

·
Banned
1,281 Posts
Oh and switch pockets to the left. You won't scratch it anymore.:grin: You'll have to get use to it but it will preclude you doing so again.:smile:

Blessings and Peace

1 - 12 of 12 Posts