Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellow Kona peeps,

I just yesterday purchased a new Lime Twist Kona Ultimate (non-awd) and can't wait to drive it.

They didn't have the color on the lot, and I HAD to have it in Lime Twist, period. So they are having one shipped to Peoria Arizona from somewhere in California. But they had me do the deal and trade in my existing Kia Sportage, so in the mean time they gave me a new 2018 Kona SE in Thunder Grey to drive for the next few days until my new Lime Twist baby gets here. So excited!

For now, I have a few observations about the SE model. Mostly... not bad, not bad at all.

It doesn't have all the options, of course, compared to the ultimate model but for what it is and the price, it is a nice vehicle. Even the 2.0 liter non-turbo engine is better than I thought it would be after a few hours of driving it. (All my previous vehicles had turbos.) I will admit that I put it in Sport mode all the time, so maybe that helps. The lower-end stereo sounds decent for radio and the 7" touch screen, while smaller, is very crisp, sharp and easy to use. If I have any complaints - more annoyances - it would be the light gray interior color and the hard plastic materials on the inside door panels. The light color will be a magnet for scuffs, smudges and dirt. And the hard plastic is a bit irritating on my left elbow where it rests when I drive. Also, the look and feel come across as a little cheap to me. Not any kind of deal breakers if I were in the market for the lower-cost model, but just throwing it out there for others who might be considering one.

Anyway, I'm glad to join the rest of you Kona owners and will update my impressions when I get the car I actually paid for. :grin:

·
Banned
1,281 Posts
:grin:Mahalo!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Congrats on your Lime Twist Ultimate! I was torn between that cool color and the Pulse Red I got...apparently, you'll have a 'limited edition' Kona, according to this cars.com video, as the reviewer states that the Lime Twist will be replaced by an orange color in 2019. He supposedly had more info on the 2019 model, saying that several optional safety features will be spread across all trims next model year...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
An update: still don’t have my car. 😞 But the dealer says I should have it early next week. Can’t wait. In the mean time, I’ve put 750 miles on the loaner Kona and I’m getting an average of 32 Mpg with the 2.0L AWD. And I keep it in sport mode all the time. Pretty decent, I think.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Another update: I got it on Monday afternoon. So far... I freaking love it. I especially like the color. In the direct sunlight--lot's of that here in Phoenix AZ--the color is practically iridescent. The 1.6T is sooo much nicer and than the 2.0L non-turbo and the interior is especially nice. So, loving it so far.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts