Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
July numbers are in. Since GM no longer reports monthly numbers there are no figures for the Chevy and Buick entries, though they have been averaging around 8,000 units a month each(based on GM's quarterly figures).

Subaru Crosstrek 12664
Honda HR-V 9085
Jeep Renegade 8114
Ford EcoSport 5354
Hyundai Kona 4173
Toyota C-HR 3688
Nissan Kicks 2375
Kia Niro 2310
Mazda CX-3 1388
Fiat 500X 378

Pretty flat numbers, though Crosstrek dropped quite a bit from last month (mostly due to supply issues). In general car sales were down a bit in July. Also note that the top five vehicles in the compact class all sold better than the Crosstrek.

·
Registered
276 Posts
July numbers are in. Since GM no longer reports monthly numbers there are no figures for the Chevy and Buick entries, though they have been averaging around 8,000 units a month each(based on GM's quarterly figures).

Subaru Crosstrek 12664
Honda HR-V 9085
Jeep Renegade 8114
Ford EcoSport 5354
Hyundai Kona 4173
Toyota C-HR 3688
Nissan Kicks 2375
Kia Niro 2310
Mazda CX-3 1388
Fiat 500X 378

Pretty flat numbers, though Crosstrek dropped quite a bit from last month (mostly due to supply issues). In general car sales were down a bit in July. Also note that the top five vehicles in the compact class all sold better than the Crosstrek.

I love these reviews you put up ! ?

·
Banned
1,278 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
LOL.. they always are reason they are looking to dump what they have , if Hyundai were to be smart on this deal they should only pick up Jeep and let who ever have the rest. The Jeep brand has a good potential and done right finally it could lucrative in the long run.

·
Banned
1,278 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

As a former (well still present) Jeep owner, I've followed FCA pretty closely in recent years. Marchionne (CEO who just died suddenly) did what he was supposed to do, which is pay off almost all of the debt he took on when Fiat acquired Chrysler group. Doing that meant that they couldn't afford to invest in all the brands and some of the investments they did make didn't pan out. So Chrysler and Dodge look pretty meagre at this point and the attempt to launch Fiat in the US has been a disaster. On the other hand, Jeep and Ram are doing record sales. There were a lot of rumors (note the date of those articles) that FCA might announce they were killing some brands but that didn't happen at Marchionne's last big press event in June. Obviously the new leadership (British born Mike Manley, who was running Jeep) may decide in future to do some things differently, but as of June Dodge and Chrysler were supposed to be continuing on as North America only brands while Jeep is continuing to be expanded as a global brand.

Marchionne was criticized over the years for regularly advocating that there were too many car companies in the world and that further consolidation was inevitable, even going so far as to suggest preferred partners he thought FCA could merge with. These rumors continue, including a recent one that Hyundai/Kia could look to acquire FCA in the near future. We will see.

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
As a former (well still present) Jeep owner, I've followed FCA pretty closely in recent years. Marchionne (CEO who just died suddenly) did what he was supposed to do, which is pay off almost all of the debt he took on when Fiat acquired Chrysler group. Doing that meant that they couldn't afford to invest in all the brands and some of the investments they did make didn't pan out. So Chrysler and Dodge look pretty meagre at this point and the attempt to launch Fiat in the US has been a disaster. On the other hand, Jeep and Ram are doing record sales. There were a lot of rumors (note the date of those articles) that FCA might announce they were killing some brands but that didn't happen at Marchionne's last big press event in June. Obviously the new leadership (British born Mike Manley, who was running Jeep) may decide in future to do some things differently, but as of June Dodge and Chrysler were supposed to be continuing on as North America only brands while Jeep is continuing to be expanded as a global brand.

Marchionne was criticized over the years for regularly advocating that there were too many car companies in the world and that further consolidation was inevitable, even going so far as to suggest preferred partners he thought FCA could merge with. These rumors continue, including a recent one that Hyundai/Kia could look to acquire FCA in the near future. We will see.
Thank for your comments however, I will never own a FCA product or GM product. They took the tax payers money from the $500,000,000 government bail out. They used it to pay their senior executives bonuses and never paid the American Tax Payers back. They needed to go into bankruptcy, just like allot of financial institutions and banks did during that time. They lost any of my present and future financial support at this point.:plain:

Blessings and Peace

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank for your comments however, I will never own a FCA product or GM product. They took the tax payers money from the $500,000,000 government bail out. They used it to pay their senior executives bonuses and never paid the American Tax Payers back. They needed to go into bankruptcy, just like allot of financial institutions and banks did during that time. They lost any of my present and future financial support at this point.:plain:

Blessings and Peace

Setting aside the issue of whether the Feds should have gotten involved, a couple of things you say simply aren't true. As this website breaks down, the government was partially paid back and both GM and Chrysler went through chapter 11 bankruptcy. The Feds, through a combination of direct loans and stock purchases, bailed out GM (including GMAC) and came out $8.9b in the red. Chrysler was bailed out and the Feds lost $1.3b when all was said and done. Those losses were not because the direct loans weren't paid back, it was because the Feds unloaded their stock purchases at a loss when they decided to end the bailout. None of which is Fiat's fault, as they acquired Chrysler in the aftermath of the bankruptcy.

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
I appreciate the comments and website information.

However, GM nor Chrysler paid back completely what they initially took. And what happened after that is history. No one else in history has been offered a bailout by the Fed of this magnitude ever. Chapter 11 is a restructuring, not a sell off of assets to pay back. No one is to big to fail, period. I can say it won't happen again. Believe me when I say, you wouldn't get this type of opportunity filing bankruptcy, nor would anyone else. They also receive tax breaks during this time of recovery. I was their greed and lack of modernization that partially caused the initial problems. They're still at it also.

They will fail if it every happens again. The same with J.P. Morgan and several others. So what we actually have is; nearly 10.2 billion which these companies alone responsible for to the American Tax Payers. This money is gone forever. I'm not even including; Fanny May, JP Morgan etc. The government lent GM $30.1 billion while it went thru bankruptcy. I say let them fail just like every other person has done and pulled themselves back out of massive debts, on their own or not. They put themselves there no one else did. I won't help them back out either. We don't forget what we have learned. When we do, history will repeat itself.

Sorry, I don't want to bring politics into this discussion. Everyone knows what they did and why. Greedy, slow to respond to public demand and failure to modernize, was what caused it and they're still at it also.

Blessings and Peace

1 - 9 of 9 Posts