Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mahalo all! New Kona Ultimate FWD White/Silver. Also own an new Genesis G80 Ultimate. $27K TTL out the door. Love it and it's a quick little bugger:wink:

·
Registered
13 Posts
:) I have same Kona! I am about to hit 500 miles, each mile being better than the last.

I just added a fuel/air mapper performance chip and looking forward to seeing if it actually holds up to the claims of adding 5mpg and a few more horses.

I thought I loved my Veloster...until I found the Kona Ultimate.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Car and Driver has an in-depth test of the 2018 Kona Ultimate AWD. This test is not in the magazine, but anyone can access it through their website.
It is by far the most detailed test and in comparison to the Kia Soul, Mazda CX 3, Honda HRV and Nissan Roque Sport.
They claim a 0 to 60 time of 6.6 seconds with the AWD Ultimate. This is close to VW GTI territory.
They complain that the DCT transmission "stumbles" during slow speed, parking lot maneuvering. We have a Limited FWD and I didn't experience this at all.
Check it out, but make sure to search for the "in-depth" test.

·
Banned
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Easy fix, pump the accelerator a little on acceleration, however I haven't experienced it myself. Turbos need a bit of rpms to spin up correctly, so there is bound to be a little lag at certain times. In sport mode, the acceleration is quite quick.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Easy fix, pump the accelerator a little on acceleration, however I haven't experienced it myself. Turbos need a bit of rpms to spin up correctly, so there is bound to be a little lag at certain times. In sport mode, the acceleration is quite quick.
I’ve noticed just a time or two the stumbling... in parking lot both times at slow speeds. Thanks for the advice JR KONA.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts