Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my 2019 Kona SE when i turn the headlights on the DRL`s go off. i saw a pic of a member on this forum doing a LED headlight upgrade and the pic showed both on at the same time. anyone know how this is done? i really want the DRLs to stay on when headlights are used.

·
Registered
162 Posts
on my 2019 Kona SE when i turn the headlights on the DRL`s go off. i saw a pic of a member on this forum doing a LED headlight upgrade and the pic showed both on at the same time. anyone know how this is done? i really want the DRLs to stay on when headlights are used.
I think you might be mistaken, the DRL's are always on, but when your main headlights turn on, they just dim.

·
Registered
35 Posts

I believe my headlight setting is on AUTO. As you can see my headlights are on & the drls at the same time.

Now that you mentioned this, I will check it by turning my lights on and see if the drls stay on, & then put the headlight switch on AUTO & see what happens.

Hope this helps? Let me know how things go.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i will have to re-check my lights. i just got my Kona a couple of weeks ago and i`m still getting familiar with the features. i was looking at the car with headlights on during the day and thought the drl were off. they may have been dimmed and i didn`t realize it. i will check it tomorrow night and report back. thanks for the input.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you guys are correct! it rained overnight and it was overcast when i left for work this morning so i turned the headlights on and the DRLs were on but dimmer. the day that i had checked them was bright and sunny and thought they were off. my Kona is an SE so the only LEDs are the DRL and high mounted stop light so my mission is to get all other lights changed over to LED.:cool:

·
Registered
32 Posts
i wish there was a 'hack' to get the foglights to stay on every time we turn :( i got bright LED foglights and every time i turn they turn off cause of the turing lights and when i come out of the turn, people think im high beaming them lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts