Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Thanks for sharing. A bit over the top for me. I do like some of the body styling Q's ie; the dual outlet exhaust, the hood, the interior styling with red accents. Nix the decals and signature and it would be a nice addition IMHO. I'm have no desire to be a rolling a billboard for Disney or the Hollywood Industry in general.:smile:

Reactions: JoeGwiz

·
Registered
96 Posts
As neat as these unique variants are, I think it falls a little short of what it hoped to achieve. Imo there should be some gold accenting throughout and no one is going to want those decals all over their new car.

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Allot of around town stop and start driving and we averaged 35.7 mpg today.:smile:

·
Registered
244 Posts
I can guarantee it will definitely be a limited amount produced as in any special design also the price as again being a limited amount produced 32k or so. If wanting one I would call the dealer and then be ready to put down a deposit of 1000 or so.

·
Registered
2019 SE sonic silver
71 Posts
The dealer I got my Kona from won the local bid for an Iron Man Edition. I guess only about 2000 are being made? They are cool looking, but at $33k, I wouldn't let it out of the garage unless the weather was perfect ? my cousin in England sent me pics of the one they got into their dealership, and sent me a video as he was starting it up.. that was cool. Even he was surprised at the dash display and windshield notifications. I'd like to see one in person for sure.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I will take a hood.....that's about it so far.
$33,000 I will take a i30 N or a Veloster N for that money. Something with substance for the money. It would only be worth a $2,000 bump over the $25,250 I paid for my Limited to me. I just want the hood.

·
Super Moderator
1,090 Posts
$33,000 I will take a i30 N or a Veloster N for that money. Something with substance for the money. It would only be worth a $2,000 bump over the $25,250 I paid for my Limited to me. I just want the hood.

I agree.. for $33K, You’re not getting much for the money.. Hyundai has to pay royalties to Marvel comics.. not sure I want a Tony Stark sticker staring me in the face to remind me I overpaid for fictional window dressing..
For that type of money.. I would find something with RWD that made real car sounds..

·
Registered
238 Posts
I will take a hood.....that's about it so far.
Hood, rear exhaust\rear bumper, door paneling was nicely accented too. I bet those parts will be available in the next year from S. Korean distributors.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Hood, rear exhaust\rear bumper, door paneling was nicely accented too. I bet those parts will be available in the next year from S. Korean distributors.

But sometimes, more is less.

That Kona should of had the low HP 2.0 liter with 250HP.

·
Registered
42 Posts
We went to buy one, a local dealer has one in stock. Dull finish looks great, but is a PITA to clean. Didn't go to far on a deal though. Whoever prepped it scratched the paint across the entire roof/rear window spoiler. Being a tall guy myself, I spotted this right away, and said forget it!

·
Registered
39 Posts
We were planning to pick it up today but the weather turned nasty. The salesman, who had come in on his day off, called and said we should wait. I like that it comes with a bucket full of matte finish specific cleaning supplies. We got it for under $31K and they are going to find the roof graphic for it. US models don't have it.

Salesman said one other person had shown interest in it and he was getting a Kona for his wife. He was all about the Iron Man but guess his wife realized you can get one with the same options for lots less. Women huh? It's actually my wife who is crazy for it.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 33 Posts