Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any good intercooler upgrades available? Seems like there would be some performance gains. The Kona 1.6 air intake temp is crazy high. Today ambient temperature was 70 and the intake temp was 100 by my scan gauge reading. In my old MiNI the temp difference was at MOST 20F.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I am running an OEM Veloster N intercooler that gets rid of the restriction in the inlet of the OEM Kona. Any intercooler that fits the Veloster N will fit the Kona with modifications. I just did not want to drop $700 on an intercooler at the time, so I went with that $190 new from the online discount Hyundai parts store.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am running an OEM Veloster N intercooler that gets rid of the restriction in the inlet of the OEM Kona. Any intercooler that fits the Veloster N will fit the Kona with modifications. I just did not want to drop $700 on an intercooler at the time, so I went with that $190 new from the online discount Hyundai parts store.
What modifications are we talking for the OEM Vel N intercooler?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Google discount Hyundai online parts store and search for say a 2020 Veloster N intercooler and shop all of them for price and price for shipping and find the best one. THEN google for a used 2020 Veloster N and use that VIN # to put down when ordering because they will not sell it without a VIN #.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
What modifications are we talking for the OEM Vel N intercooler?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Awesome writeup! Thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts