Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone curious I reached out to AFE Performance to inquire if they were going to make anything for the 2022 Kona N-Line and they told me they have an Intake, Exhaust (didn't confirm catback or axel back) and a tune in the R&D phase. I inquired about this towards the end of March so hopefully we see something on the market soon.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yup. I was curious, and am eagerly and impatiently awaiting the intakes release. Lol

On that note, how does something like Afe Cai itself effect warranty? I assume i would also need it professionally installed for warranty purposes?

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Yup. I was curious, and am eagerly and impatiently awaiting the intakes release. Lol

On that note, how does something like Afe Cai itself effect warranty? I assume i would also need it professionally installed for warranty purposes?
As long as it is approved by Hyundai, and it is installed correctly it doesn't matter who installed it. Intakes, getting rid of the turbo intake resonator, and cat back exhausts have been approved by Hyundai by a publicly released letter to the dealers and owners of Velostor N a couple years ago. It states what voids warranty and what doesn't. I assume you can Duck Duck Go it too find it.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Anyone have an update on this?
Intake/filters and cat back exhaust do not void the warrant. This has been explicitly stated in a letter from Hyundai, sent to the dealers. Anything that controls or alters boost/fuel in anyway, IE blow off valve or a tune voids the warranty of the drivetrain. Some here have altered it after time. I would think you would want to wait 5,000 mile as 1.6t’s have been known to drop a piston skirt here and there bery early on in it‘s new life. I was told by a Hyundai mechanic, that if your new 1.6t makes it past 3,000 miles without dropping a piston skirt, you have passed that rare warranty issue.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Intake/filters and cat back exhaust do not void the warrant. This has been explicitly stated in a letter from Hyundai, sent to the dealers. Anything that controls or alters boost/fuel in anyway, IE blow off valve or a tune voids the warranty of the drivetrain. Some here have altered it after time. I would think you would want to wait 5,000 mile as 1.6t’s have been known to drop a piston skirt here and there bery early on in it‘s new life. I was told by a Hyundai mechanic, that if your new 1.6t makes it past 3,000 miles without dropping a piston skirt, you have passed that rare warranty issue.
Lol. I was referring to the original topic of the impending AFE released intake. 😂

·
Registered
2022 Kona Limited 1.6 turbo AWD
27 Posts
I spoke to AFE tech today and they said nothing was pin the works for the 2022 even though he said in the computer it said 2022 but it was a misprint and meant to say 2021

·
Registered
7 Posts
My kona N is the test car for aFe.

Scorcher-done ( great mod)
intake- developed and in testing
exhaust- developed and in testing

intake and exhaust probably available december or q1 2023

Edit: just realized this is the N line forum. there are zero plans for n line afe stuffs.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My kona N is the test car for aFe.

Scorcher-done ( great mod)
intake- developed and in testing
exhaust- developed and in testing

intake and exhaust probably available december or q1 2023

Edit: just realized this is the N line forum. there are zero plans for n line afe stuffs.
That doesn’t make sense? You n line is the test car for AFE and the whoops you just realized this is the n forum and nothing will be available by AFE?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just do a jb4 tune. Map 5 with exhaust and intake good plugs makes 265 (wheel) ft lbs of tq. With basicslly no mods .it's way quicker than it should be plus I paired it up with some michelin pilot super sport 4s . It makes a decent car if you make adjustments to it..3 inch turbo back exhaust. It sounds like any n with pops and cracks and gurgles..cold start is crazy

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
That's not how warranties work at all..I literally have my car in the jb4 with a jb4 attached and they are paying for everything
Oh they will..............not. Just like all the other 3rd party warranties, they will slide out of it on a technicality or small print lawyer written "we don't have to pay" nomenclature. ZERO faith in that warranty. I have an ECU tune, so no need for a JB4 for me.

The stock Kona 1.6T suspension sucks, that includes the Kona N-Line which did not receive a suspension upgrade for it's upgraded sporty good looks. Just the plain old 1.6T soft suspension. Borderline dangerous, in any form of panic stop/sport/race level braking scenario, with all i's nose dive and tail lift happiness. Lowering springs are a MUST with their increased spring rate, and lowering the center of gravity of the lifted Kona. Adding 4s will help traction in the corners but I would burn through a $1,200 set every year. I can't afford that, so I am running a Pilot Sport 3+ AS. I think I have another year left on them. I sure won't get the new PS 4 AS as they wrecked that tire, no longer a ultra high performance all-seasoned tire leader.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Oh they will..............not. Just like all the other 3rd party warranties, they will slide out of it on a technicality or small print lawyer written "we don't have to pay" nomenclature. ZERO faith in that warranty. I have an ECU tune, so no need for a JB4 for me.

The stock Kona 1.6T suspension sucks, that includes the Kona N-Line which did not receive a suspension upgrade for it's upgraded sporty good looks. Just the plain old 1.6T soft suspension. Borderline dangerous, in any form of panic stop/sport/race level braking scenario, with all i's nose dive and tail lift happiness. Lowering springs are a MUST with their increased spring rate, and lowering the center of gravity of the lifted Kona. Adding 4s will help traction in the corners but I would burn through a $1,200 set every year. I can't afford that, so I am running a Pilot Sport 3+ AS. I think I have another year left on them. I sure won't get the new PS 4 AS as they wrecked that tire, no longer a ultra high performance all-seasoned tire leader.
I have literally never had an issue with thr warranty new engine in my last car..I'm not sure why your being condescending or trying to be but I drive the car and it works just fine the way I run it .I have got springs I'm waiting on some other aftermarket stuff to accompany them..you do what the f..k you want🤣

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have literally never had an issue with thr warranty new engine in my last car..I'm not sure why your being condescending or trying to be but I drive the car and it works just fine the way I run it .I have got springs I'm waiting on some other aftermarket stuff to accompany them..you do what the fuck you want🤣

·
Registered
27 Posts
Look at all I’ve done to my 22 Limited and have never had an issue with my warranty. Sounds like someone had a bad experience and now they are trying to apply it to everyone else. Ive gotten some good advice on here and some really bad advice on here! Take it all in and use your best judgment! 😉

1 - 20 of 32 Posts