Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I installed a

CURT 11529 Class 1 Trailer Hitch, 1-1/4-Inch Receiver, Fits Select Hyundai Kona (Except EV)

Yup, it says "Except EV" however I sought the advice of other posts in this forum and etrailer.com comments. I've installed five trailer hitches on ICE vehicles in the last few years and this was definitely the most challenging. Mostly the challenge was the Kona sits so low to the ground compared to the other hitches I've done. In the end I did a little plastic trimming to get the hitch to fit and look nice. I did find a hitch that said it fit the EV but the price was considerably more.

I won't be towing a trailer much and when I do it will be a 5x8 Northern tool that has a shipping weight of 275 lbs and has maybe 200 lbs of lumber floor and stake sides. I'll mostly tow a couple kayaks and gear that will add less than 200 lbs.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Today I installed a

CURT 11529 Class 1 Trailer Hitch, 1-1/4-Inch Receiver, Fits Select Hyundai Kona (Except EV)

Yup, it says "Except EV" however I sought the advice of other posts in this forum and etrailer.com comments. I've installed five trailer hitches on ICE vehicles in the last few years and this was definitely the most challenging. Mostly the challenge was the Kona sits so low to the ground compared to the other hitches I've done. In the end I did a little plastic trimming to get the hitch to fit and look nice. I did find a hitch that said it fit the EV but the price was considerably more.

I won't be towing a trailer much and when I do it will be a 5x8 Northern tool that has a shipping weight of 275 lbs and has maybe 200 lbs of lumber floor and stake sides. I'll mostly tow a couple kayaks and gear that will add less than 200 lbs.
I put the same hitch on and it works perfectly for my ebikes. Uhaul down the street did the job for 250 including the hitch. Refreshing price compared to getting a Stealth hitch installed on my old Porsche Macan...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts