Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
28th: first shut off
29th: shut off while at a red light
30th: brought into dealer but could not replicate (they did a “reset” so it worked fine this day)
31st: shut off when coming out of an AutoZone

28th and 31st both shut off and said “Hyundai bluelink waiting for recovery” then proceeds to turn on and power off itself and restarts

29th: screen just went black and turned back on after a minute

Dealer said it could be updates, but I doubt I would get and update almost every single day...

Anyone else experience this? I finally caught it on video so that might be able to help... I’ll add it in after I remove my terrible voice

·
Super Moderator
525 Posts
There is no over the air update for the current konas. Updates are done using SD card

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's happened once in 6 months, but not while driving.
Dealer told me to turn master switch off/on but this was fruitless. A few hours later it started working again.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's happened once in 6 months, but not while driving.
Dealer told me to turn master switch off/on but this was fruitless. A few hours later it started working again.
Where is that master switch located? I mean even the dealership “reset” it by removing the card or something like that so not sure if this will work

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
89929994-BB28-49EF-96EA-02BD9E3DE299.jpeg 3117D1B9-83E3-4B34-9E4A-108DFDA4B680.jpeg
Here are what the screens look like, it’s either what it looks like in those photos or just goes black and then restarts

·
Registered
5 Posts
View attachment 3178 View attachment 3179
Here are what the screens look like, it’s either what it looks like in those photos or just goes black and then restarts
We are having the same problem with our 2019 hyundai kona EV. Our screen turns on and off often sometimes 10+ times in a short trip. Other times not at all. Brought it to the dealer a month ago and they said they couldn't replicate. Finally got the dealer to take it seriously after sending video of it occuring. Often the screen is unusable. The dealership just told us they did a reset per Hyundai support. Do you have any update on your situation?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We are having the same problem with our 2019 hyundai kona EV. Our screen turns on and off often sometimes 10+ times in a short trip. Other times not at all. Brought it to the dealer a month ago and they said they couldn't replicate. Finally got the dealer to take it seriously after sending video of it occuring. Often the screen is unusable. The dealership just told us they did a reset per Hyundai support. Do you have any update on your situation?
That's what they did with me too. I have no update as to why it happened and why it stopped happening and the techs didn't either since they couldn't replicate it... I haven't had that bug since, but they also did the same reset, but it still happened once or twice after. Very strange thing that happened, but I'd recommend to still document it if it keeps happening.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts