Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st in the US, ETA is monday. Pic is a tad blurry, i wiped off the brand name, test fitting it soon, if fitment is good, and all else is good, i will reveal the brand and link on how too get one.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Nice !! What have you noticed as far as personality with vs without? It looks robust, and it has room for gussets on the underside of the bends too, if someone wants to go to the next level. Nice find.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice !! What have you noticed as far as personality with vs without? It looks robust, and it has room for gussets on the underside of the bends too, if someone wants to go to the next level. Nice find.

Sorry, i didnt notice any replies here. Straight line no difference, no surprise. Cornering however, noticeable improvement, less sway, better turn in, also much less road noise when hitting expansion joints on the highway.

Here is the link to where i found it. I used the same vendor as the ultra racing bar on my old Nissan. There is also a lower tie bar available, but im not happy with the design, so thats the reason i have not yet gotten it. Ultra Racing 2-Point Front Strut Bar for HYUNDAI KONA 1.6T '17 (2WD) (TW2-4126) | eBay

·
Registered
317 Posts
Thanks
Are there any "gotyas"?
Like having to relocate anything, trimming plastic or hidden/hard to access bolts?

Thanks again
I'm 73 still very capable just been thru WAY to many almost fits some trimming may be necessary, etc :mad:

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Sorry, i didnt notice any replies here. Straight line no difference, no surprise. Cornering however, noticeable improvement, less sway, better turn in, also much less road noise when hitting expansion joints on the highway.

Here is the link to where i found it. I used the same vendor as the ultra racing bar on my old Nissan. There is also a lower tie bar available, but im not happy with the design, so thats the reason i have not yet gotten it. Ultra Racing 2-Point Front Strut Bar for HYUNDAI KONA 1.6T '17 (2WD) (TW2-4126) | eBay

Thanks for the reply, I guess the seller doesn't know the Kona's AWD front strut towers are no different then the 2WD. Nice to know it does something. I wanted to box my control arms too, but there is a very slight possibility a "letter" may show up in my life. So all that is on hold.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the reply, I guess the seller doesn't know the Kona's AWD front strut towers are no different then the 2WD. Nice to know it does something. I wanted to box my control arms too, but there is a very slight possibility a "letter" may show up in my life. So all that is on hold.

Not the sellers fault. iirc Ultra racing has not test fitted it on an awd. Even the original picture shows the diesel model. It might be a liability issue if they said it fit, but didnt. There is another kdm company that has the kona listed for a bunch of stuff that doesn't fit the kona.

As for boxing out the control arms, unless you seam weld the plates, there will be minimal effect. I finally found the aluminum control arms, those should be going on soon, one the new bushings and ball joints come in.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Not the sellers fault. iirc Ultra racing has not test fitted it on an awd. Even the original picture shows the diesel model. It might be a liability issue if they said it fit, but didnt. There is another kdm company that has the kona listed for a bunch of stuff that doesn't fit the kona.

As for boxing out the control arms, unless you seam weld the plates, there will be minimal effect. I finally found the aluminum control arms, those should be going on soon, one the new bushings and ball joints come in.
Yea, then there is WhiteLine, they have stuff that fits almost all Hyundai's, yet they are too much of a mess internally, they don't post it with fit on multi models on their website to increase sales.

I have heard a lot of people have had go results with stiffening up Hyundai and other manufacture car's stamped control arms. Just like your strut bar and fender bracing, small incremental improvements turn into a nice gain when added together. Even that smitty little control arm plate Tork sells is said to help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts