1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Appreciate the find and comments. I will admit they are a bit flimsy but with some due care in removing them.

If the Kona is on warranty and the dealer breaks them off they replace them free of charge, so I don't see a down side here.:plain:

I'm confused, you say $2.50 and Amazon list them at the lowest cost at $4.75 for 20 pieces, not including tax. Where did you find them at $2.50 and how many at that price?:confused:

I've not had any problems with them breaking off before, if you use the proper rivet tool. However they're flimsy for sure.

Blessings and Peace:smile:

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Appreciate the find and comments. I will admit they are a bit flimsy but with some due care in removing them.

If the Kona is on warranty and the dealer breaks them off they replace them free of charge, so I don't see a down side here.:plain:

I'm confused, you say $2.50 and Amazon list them at the lowest cost at $4.75 for 20 pieces, not including tax. Where did you find them at $2.50 and how many at that price?:confused:

I've not had any problems with them breaking off before, if you use the proper rivet tool. However they're flimsy for sure.

Blessings and Peace:smile:

I tried to get them on warranty, no go. I did not buy my Kona at my local dealer. I could made a big stink, but I did not want to bother. There is no "carefully" with these, just a pain and simply designed to break. All the other manufacture cars that I have pulled trim on are not near as weak. I have all the trim tools, this style trim needs to just be pulled because you have zero access to the tabs.

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Thanks and good to know @Mainia1 also kudos on the sound proofing!

@JR KONA it says dealer sells them for $2.50 each and then that great Amazon link....thanks again!
I'll read better next time, sorry! I was still partly asleep I guess.:grin:

Blessing and Peace

Reactions: Dickestonia

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
I tried to get them on warranty, no go. I did not buy my Kona at my local dealer. I could made a big stink, but I did not want to bother. There is no "carefully" with these, just a pain and simply designed to break. All the other manufacture cars that I have pulled trim on are not near as weak. I have all the trim tools, this style trim needs to just be pulled because you have zero access to the tabs.

Them tight wads!:grin: I know the ones Ford uses don't break.:smile:

Blessings and Peace

·
Registered
268 Posts
thanks for the information. Guess hyundia wants to try and be like subie,, track every part you buy and question , WHY ! They just want no one to touch stuff and pay them !

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Not really you can purchase them elsewhere. If you remove them by yourself to work on door panels you just need to replace them. Most door panel clips are not reusable. If they have to they replace them.

Blessings And Peace

·
Registered
538 Posts
Whats the factory P/n, i'll see if my job carries them. Although, i've pulled all the door and hatch trim, and have yet to break any.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts