Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, I have a really bad problem with condensation on the INSIDE of the front screen. I have checked all windows, and they are locked, a few weeks ago then we had bad weather, the inside of the windscreen was FROZEN with ICE. Has any one else had this problem? if so which is the best way to resolve it.
Thanks for your help.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Bebeop for reply, the ICE was on the INSIDE of the WINDSCREEN, nothing on the floor mat, I checked to see if all doors & windows were closed/locked and they were, this has happened more then once.

· Administrator
726 Posts
Usually, moisture from melted snow on the floormats inside the car causes ice on the windshield. The same reason ice forms on windows in a home on a cold day. remove as much snow from your shoes before you enter your car.

· Registered
203 Posts
Once you get the temperature up, turn up your defrost to the max, turn on Air Conditioning, and continue to do that till you get rid of most of the moisture. This happens when you bring a lot of moisture into the vehicle. The same thing would happen on my older vehicles that rarely got up to temp, or didn't have A/C as I would track snow into the cars during the winter.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Once you get the temperature up, turn up your defrost to the max, turn on Air Conditioning, and continue to do that till you get rid of most of the moisture. This happens when you bring a lot of moisture into the vehicle. The same thing would happen on my older vehicles that rarely got up to temp, or didn't have A/C as I would track snow into the cars during the winter.
Thank you Kona Joe, for your reply, this takes one of a lot of energy/power from the electric motor/engine, I just sat and watched the miles go down very fast!!

· Registered
203 Posts
Thank you Kona Joe, for your reply, this takes one of a lot of energy/power from the electric motor/engine, I just sat and watched the miles go down very fast!!
Yeah, it will hurt mileage a lot on the electric versions. If you drive it normally without recirculation on, and the A/C on for a few minutes each day, you shouldn't have any issues with moisture going forward.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Barriemcl thanks for your reply, went to go out yesterday and the inside of the screen was covered in condensation, turned A/C on it cleared the passengers side, way before it cleared the driers. Have booked car into garage as under warranty, they did say that they had not heard of this before!! I will keep you all posted as the the answers I get.

· Registered
89 Posts
i had the same issue for the better part of 2 years on my 18... it was the results of a repair job failure. after some major hail damage and repairs done, which included removing and reinstalling my sunroof, i started having electrical issues and condensation buildup inside. they had crimped and punctured the drain hose from the sunroof on the drivers side. with full weathertech mats i had no clue what was going on except something was very wrong(nav center would go out, console items would turn themselves on and off, driveability was starting to be affected)... took a good mechanic who actually listened, removed my a pillar cover and poured water on my sunroof... which then poured directly onto my dash without the cover. that repair shop had to foot the bill for replacing my comp consoles, which were water damaged by that point. thankfully, no leaks since and she's all good. the same kind of effect can happen if those hoses get plugged.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you Cheallaigh for your reply car went into garage yesterday early morning, I have not heard anything from them, so keeping loan car until this is sorted, she was running fine until the service end of November, will wait and see what they say at the end of the day.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts