Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the Hyundai game and am looking forward to seeing everyone’s Kona’s and discuss different options. I’m wanting to get into more overlanding with my Kona. This little this is beast on the trails. So far have fog lights mounted to the hood, roof rails and basket. Let me know what you’ve done to your Kona.

·
Registered
2019 White Ultimate
241 Posts
Do you have the 6 sp auto or 7 sp DCT? because it's a good way to destroy a DCT

·
Registered
356 Posts
I've got the 2.0 and I have pushed it into some light overlanding, some un-maintained mountain roads with some gnarly washed out sections and some boondocking with a tent. I am thinking about adding extra lighting - got a rack, basket - also contemplating a rooftop tent.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’ve got a 6sp auto. I’ve considered a roof too tnt but am worried about the roof weight capacity.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I wouldn't do it with the factory bars or the inexpensive bars from amazon/ebay but the thule setup I have I'm not concerned. Someone a while ago posted a road trip they did with some family, one of the kona's had an RTT on it. They mentioned the gas mileage took a huge hit but that is to be expected. You could always do a hatch tent. I wish the cargo area was just a few more inches longer, fold down the seats and sleep in the back without needing to origami yourself.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will definitely have to look into that. I’ve actually got mine setup for sleeping in the back. I’ve pulled the front seats all the way forward and have a small platform that’s hooked to the back of the front seats. Gives plenty of room to lay out in the back for me. Recently mounted the spare to the basket and converted the spare compartment into storage for camping gear at all times with a small table mounted on the back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts