Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The issue: On some stretches of highway, the cruise control doesn't maintain the set speed. The accelerator seems to "hover" somewhere between half-way and full while the speed gradually drops well below the speed I set it at. It can get as much as 15-20 MPH below the set speed when the system suddenly seems to engage and accelerate aggressively to my set speed. This process then repeats itself. Sometimes, the CC is just fine but when automatically slowing down because of car in front, this issue will manifest. The car will gradually slow down without re-engaging the CC, even when moving over to pass with no car in front. It's terribly frustrating because cars will pile up behind and pass, only to have the CC suddenly engage and then catch back up to those cars. In some locations it works flawlessly, which leads to me to wonder if the SCC is somehow tied to navigation.

I have video of the issue. I've also found the following complaints with the exact same problem. Has anyone else experienced this and had any luck in getting a fix. The normal responses so far seem to indicate that Hyundai service "can't replicate the problem" and that "SCC is working as intended."

https://www.reddit.com/r/Hyundai/comments/q80vhz
Adaptive Cruise Control Problems of the 2022 Hyundai Kona

·
Registered
111 Posts
The issue: On some stretches of highway, the cruise control doesn't maintain the set speed. The accelerator seems to "hover" somewhere between half-way and full while the speed gradually drops well below the speed I set it at. It can get as much as 15-20 MPH below the set speed when the system suddenly seems to engage and accelerate aggressively to my set speed. This process then repeats itself. Sometimes, the CC is just fine but when automatically slowing down because of car in front, this issue will manifest. The car will gradually slow down without re-engaging the CC, even when moving over to pass with no car in front. It's terribly frustrating because cars will pile up behind and pass, only to have the CC suddenly engage and then catch back up to those cars. In some locations it works flawlessly, which leads to me to wonder if the SCC is somehow tied to navigation.

I have video of the issue. I've also found the following complaints with the exact same problem. Has anyone else experienced this and had any luck in getting a fix. The normal responses so far seem to indicate that Hyundai service "can't replicate the problem" and that "SCC is working as intended."

https://www.reddit.com/r/Hyundai/comments/q80vhz
Adaptive Cruise Control Problems of the 2022 Hyundai Kona
Sorry to hear about your problems. Personally I've had none only 22 Hyundai Kona aEV

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,
Ive had my Kona for less than a week and the cruise is driving me crazy. I get up to freeway speed (110-120KM/hr in Canada). Set the cruise at 120km/hr, it activates (no cars in front of me), and when I take my foot off the gas pedal, I watch my speed drop from 120 to 105-110 typically before the cruise decides that it should be maintaining 120. The car then accelerates rapidly back up to 120-122, then settles in around 120, but typically not at 120! I took my saleman for a drive and his comment was that "there is something not quite right there, maybe it needs a calibration". So I have my first service appointment booked in the 1st week of ownership! NOT A GOOD LOOK HYUNDAI. Not to mention Ive read other posts with similar issues. Id rather have regular cruise is it works. The adaptive even set with the minimum distance between cars is very conservative (maybe its not calibrated properly also). Second issue is when adaptive cruise kicks in when someone pulls in front of you on the highway and slows your speed. When the car moves out of the way, it does not accelerate for a significant amount of time. Other drivers must think I am a complete A-hole.....Pass them, put the cruise on, then slow down to the point where your almost rear-ended. Its really a safety issue. I hope the dealership fixes it, but from the other forum posts I'm guessing I will be unsatisfied!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts