Hyundai Kona Forum banner

Hyundai joins luxury brands by including complimentary maintenance on 2020 models

4K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  leftydog1961 
#1 ·
#8 ·
I agree with you guys! However back and neck pain has made it difficult to do. My dealership only uses blend oil. I hope that’s not too bad. I get the oil changed at dealer every 3750 miles and I have the maintenance plan. 2 oil changes year. If I drive 8k miles a year that would be a lot. Do you think I should pay for full synthetic? Thanks

#12 ·
When i bought the bumper to bumper to coverage till 10/100 they threw in (sure they did!. I paid for it!) 3 yrs of oil changes and tire rotations. No big deal we are talking about 2 a year and its only semi synth oil. you didn't miss much here at all. I love the kona but i have been thinking about whether the Kia Seltos would have been a smarter choice if i would have waited. oh well

#13 ·
Same platform and same warranty as the Kona, depends on your style preference really. I don't think that there is a wrong answer here.
A lot can change in 5 years, but I could see myself as very likely to consider the Seltos when I'm ready to trade my Kona in depending on where each vehicle is at at the time.

#14 ·
Nice. I like the color choices. CVT is a big negative for me also, since they can't be repaired but with 10/100 they will just replace them (unless Jatco makes them! Unlikely). My 6 speed conventional slush on SEL performs more like a cvt then i expected, as the revs climb and the car follows. I've disconnected the battery and its better now, but i still like that i can get a atf change every 40k miles and it should last a long time. DCT is a big no no for me having one in the veloster (admittedly older at 2014) but not designed for creep and crawl conditions in jersey. Your right, both choices seem fine (kona is a bit short of space in trunk is only negative i have). Getting 31 mpg in town.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.