Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my 2022 Hyundai Kona in June 2021. From the start, Hyundai Finance has made my decision to finance with them a BIG mistake. From the start, they continued to show a higher payment figure than was required. Multiple calls and faxes were required to get the matter corrected. On January 6, 2022, I requested a payoff figure. Even though the payoff date was later that 1/6/2022, I was told the figure on line was correct. I few days later, when the amount was posted to my checking account, I looked on line and found my payoff was $11.94 higher that shown. When I requested a refund, I was told I would get a check in 30 BUSINESS DAYS!. Probably about the same time I get my Kona title, even though I was quoted 8 BUSINESS days on thaty.
In summary: NEVER, EVER finance with Hyundai!!!! The car is GREAT, but the finance organization is HORRIBLE.

·
Registered
2018 Kona limited.
825 Posts
I purchased my 2022 Hyundai Kona in June 2021. From the start, Hyundai Finance has made my decision to finance with them a BIG mistake. From the start, they continued to show a higher payment figure than was required. Multiple calls and faxes were required to get the matter corrected. On January 6, 2022, I requested a payoff figure. Even though the payoff date was later that 1/6/2022, I was told the figure on line was correct. I few days later, when the amount was posted to my checking account, I looked on line and found my payoff was $11.94 higher that shown. When I requested a refund, I was told I would get a check in 30 BUSINESS DAYS!. Probably about the same time I get my Kona title, even though I was quoted 8 BUSINESS days on thaty.
In summary: NEVER, EVER finance with Hyundai!!!! The car is GREAT, but the finance organization is HORRIBLE.

The finance amount is dependent on how much money you put down on the vehicle. Every $1000 USD only lowers the monthly payment $20, dependant on your terms, and length of the loan.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The finance amount is dependent on how much money you put down on the vehicle. Every $1000 USD only lowers the monthly payment $20, dependant on your terms, and length of the loan.
Your response does NOT address the issues! I paid more than needed to pay off the Kona, even though I asked several times for the AMOUNT TO PAY OFF THE LOAN on January 6,2022. The amount SHOULD have been $19.21 LESS than what I paid. now I have to wait 30 BUSINESS DAYS for my credit.

Your response, whoever you are, only validates the level of service that should be expected when dealing with Hundai Finance.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
$19.00 big deal, that's not worth a speck of blood pressure rise. If it was $5000 to $10,000 I could see it.

Reactions: Bad~Papa

·
Registered
2018 Kona limited.
825 Posts
Your response does NOT address the issues! I paid more than needed to pay off the Kona, even though I asked several times for the AMOUNT TO PAY OFF THE LOAN on January 6,2022. The amount SHOULD have been $19.21 LESS than what I paid. now I have to wait 30 BUSINESS DAYS for my credit.

Your response, whoever you are, only validates the level of service that should be expected when dealing with Hundai Finance.

Well clearly your a pos. Do i need to send you $20 for your trouble and disrespectful response to forum members? You don't ask your dealership for the payoff amount, you contact the finance company directly. Its not hard.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so your mad about 19.21 that you wont get for 30 days? plus a forum member has nothing to do with hyundai financing.
Obviously you did not read the entire post! It was not about the $19.21 ALONE. It was about the entire financial process as I noted. No reason to respond slickwicked! Have a nice day.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well clearly your a pos. Do i need to send you $20 for your trouble and disrespectful response to forum members? You don't ask your dealership for the payoff amount, you contact the finance company directly. Its not hard.
POS? Rather harsh, dont you think? Obviously YOU did not read the entire post. But that's OK. I just thought I was informing potential INTERESTED parties that they may have issues with HYUNDAI Financial. I have learned a lesson. DON'T POST ANYTHING ON THIS FORUM. Thanks for your very pointed response. Have a nice day. Give your $20 to a charity of your choice.

·
Registered
2018 Kona limited.
825 Posts
POS? Rather harsh, dont you think? Obviously YOU did not read the entire post. But that's OK. I just thought I was informing potential INTERESTED parties that they may have issues with HYUNDAI Financial. I have learned a lesson. DON'T POST ANYTHING ON THIS FORUM. Thanks for your very pointed response. Have a nice day. Give your $20 to a charity of your choice.

Your response does NOT address the issues! You act like an ass hat, your going to get a proper ass hat response. Good day sir.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I used Hyundai financial with no issues but that doesn't mean a mistake can't have been made. That said, the OP doesn't tell us how much of a payment error was made and doesn't really make clear if that was a dealership issue or Hyundai finance issue. And I don't know what to say about getting worked up over having to wait for $12 Whatever. Take a deep breath. Life's too short to throw a fit over that. Enjoy your car.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hi Jimbo. Sounds to me like you made your final payment late in the day and it did not get processed until the next day and processed so they charged you another day of interest. Many financial institutions even those dealing with IRAs and 401is end their day for transactions at 11 AM EST and those are processed at midnight, transactions past 11 Am end up not getting processed until midnight of the following day. Something many of us learn the hard way. I transferred $50,000 into my 401K after 12 noon CST but it did start gaining interest until 2 days later. That was quite a bit more than $20 since I was unaware of the above. Since they are refunding you the $19.21, I would not be pissed at them, sounds like they do not want to lose you as a customer, where other financial institutions Care, but not that much.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Obviously you did not read the entire post! It was not about the $19.21 ALONE. It was about the entire financial process as I noted. No reason to respond slickwicked! Have a nice day.
You will quickly learn that there are 3-4 people here that are the speech police and are self proclaimed experts on every subject from “track racing” with a street car (Kona) to what the best darned oil filter is and now Hyundai financing.

Your issue is obviously based on the principle of the matter vs the actual dollar amount. A point lost on the bigots here.
Good luck.

·
Registered
2020 black kona limited
241 Posts
You will quickly learn that there are 3-4 people here that are the speech police and are self proclaimed experts on every subject from “track racing” with a street car (Kona) to what the best darned oil filter is and now Hyundai financing.

Your issue is obviously based on the principle of the matter vs the actual dollar amount. A point lost on the bigots here.
Good luck.
:LOL: lol who pissed in your cheerios grumpy pants, in my response i asked a simple question and stated not to take his anger out at forum members that have nothing to do with financing. and he responded quite rudely. and then you bring attacks. cant fix stupid i guess, also i dont think you understand what bigot really means, based on your post, it would seem that you are an actual bigot, that is if you understand what it means

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hyundai finance is probably one of the best reasons to even consider a Kona. I don't know of any other auto manufacturer that offers such great terms/APR as Hyundai does. (though I would love to know of them for reference)

While I can understand the financing process being difficult,. that can be tricky with any financing house and is of course very different to each individual on a case by case basis, based on a laundry list of requirements and external factors coming into play while taking credit into consideration as a whole for an expensive vehicle.

I don't think a hiccup in the financing process based on your conditions and a $19 fee that is being reimbursed is any reason to imply that they're the worst financing company on planet Earth. Certainly not one that exclaims they should never be dealt with again by anyone ever.

Alternatively, you could have financed with your bank or even worse, a 3rd party financing option, which would most definitely had been a far more expensive option than what Hyundai offers in almost every single case across the board.

·
Registered
2020 black kona limited
241 Posts
Alternatively, you could have financed with your bank or even worse, a 3rd party financing option, which would most definitely had been a far more expensive option than what Hyundai offers in almost every single case across the board.
[/QUOTE]

i always go thru my bank or a credit union , i got my loan for less than 2 percent, at that time hyundais lowest was around 4.5 percent and i have an excellent credit score. for this kona purchase it took less than 30 minutes at dealer, i had pre approved paperwork from my bank. car dealers screw with interest rates to get the most they can from you. i never tell a dealer the payment i want or what i do for a living or any info, they use this against you to get more money. they can get info on you but i dont provide anything because they are not my friend. ive had family sell cars for more than 20 years so they give me insights. i showed up with pre approved info the dealer kept wanting info for a credit check, i said why im already approved thru my bank you dont need any more info than my check to you. they kept trying to push it trying to get me to do hyundai financing so they get more money on the loan, but finally stopped and agreed they coudlnt match my super low rate thru my bank. i also never discuss how i am going to pay for a car until they agree to a price, its all a mind game, especially when they roll out the rule of fours lol, and i dont let them drive or look thru my trade in without being right next to them

·
Registered
16 Posts
i always go thru my bank or a credit union , i got my loan for less than 2 percent, at that time hyundais lowest was around 4.5 percent and i have an excellent credit score. for this kona purchase it took less than 30 minutes at dealer, i had pre approved paperwork from my bank. car dealers screw with interest rates to get the most they can from you. i never tell a dealer the payment i want or what i do for a living or any info, they use this against you to get more money. they can get info on you but i dont provide anything because they are not my friend. ive had family sell cars for more than 20 years so they give me insights. i showed up with pre approved info the dealer kept wanting info for a credit check, i said why im already approved thru my bank you dont need any more info than my check to you. they kept trying to push it trying to get me to do hyundai financing so they get more money on the loan, but finally stopped and agreed they coudlnt match my super low rate thru my bank. i also never discuss how i am going to pay for a car until they agree to a price, its all a mind game, especially when they roll out the rule of fours lol, and i dont let them drive or look thru my trade in without being right next to them
I guess it depends on the vehicle you're purchasing and the deals currently running but 0% APR is pretty hard to beat.

·
Registered
2020 black kona limited
241 Posts
I guess it depends on the vehicle you're purchasing and the deals currently running but 0% APR is pretty hard to beat.
yeah 0 percent is great, but if they arer offering it you might get close to it thru a bank or a credit union without the hassle of dealing with the management and tower of the dealer. in my last purchse they didnt offer 0 percent. the lowest was 4.9 percent , i got a loan for less than 2 percent from my bank, and i have a 830 credit score, , that ive painfully worked towards to acheive. i would take 1.5 percent, 30 mins at dealer from start to finsh, than haggling for hours in m y experience . i like having my stuff figured out before going to dealer but to each his own

edit ive had bad experiences with dealers fucking me over so much that i hate being in the dealer so i might be biased lol

·
Registered
28 Posts

[/QUOTE]
Citibank really did me dirty. Charging $10000 for early payoff. 🤭

·
Registered
2020 black kona limited
241 Posts
Citibank really did me dirty. Charging $10000 for early payoff. 🤭
[/QUOTE]
man thats shitty, i always read everything before i get the loan, i nor anyone in my family has experinced that kind of thing from a local back or credit union, but i gues it depends on the terms. i paid off a car early and the only thing that happened was my credit score dropped aroun 125 points lol, its all a scam

1 - 20 of 24 Posts