Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hyundai dealership sold us an extended warranty worth $3000 on a new 2021 Kona EV basically on the premises of it being all perils. For example they said if you're car breaks down you will be rescued and provided with a means to carry on your trip. They went on to give an example of, if you accidentally run your key fob through the laundry it would be replaced. We were skeptical of the claims but decided that possibly it may be worth the extra protection of covering any expensive electronic component failure after the factory warranty expired. Since then we discovered there is no such thing as an all perils coverage and now due to a 12 volt battery malfunction the car left us stranded. The dealer said they would send out a tow truck which never showed up by the end of the day. Eight hours later we called roadside assistance and they came within 2 hours and delivered it to the dealer. We were told that they would see if they could fit it in between appointments but they were booked up for 3 weeks, and they had no loaners. So much for providing back up transportation. I called Hyundai customer service and they said they would contact the dealer but they are allowed 3 business days to respond to customer service then another 3 days to resolve, so potentially 6 days without a vehicle. The agent informed me of this so we wouldn't be calling back every 30 minutes for an update. We would suggest that if anyone is considering purchasing extended warranty that you read the fine print and don't take what the kind and trustworthy salesperson tells you at face value. We have been totally impressed with the vehicle and it exceeded our expectations but as far as the Hyundai service experience we are sorely disappointed and will not be recommending them to anyone in the future.

·
Registered
54 Posts
at my hyuindai dealer, they want 2 days to diagnose and then 5 or more days to fix it, no rental is offered, i asked how am i supposed to work and get around if they had my car for two weeks , the service guy said not his problem pretty much.

·
Registered
59 Posts
We did not get a Hyundai EW on our Kona, but my wife got one on her '17 VW GTI. It was roughly $1500 and has
saved us a sh*t ton on out of pocket expenses for various fixes. And their customer Service has been exemplary.
To paint ALL EWs as "not worth it" or "BS" is ridiculous. I'm sorry to hear about the OP's experiences with Hyundai
and Hyundai corporate, but this is not the way it is with every manufacturer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts