Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once again we are getting some weather compliments of another hurricane to hit the Carolinas..
I was out in it this morning running around.. The schools are closed and traffic is light as people are urged to stay home.
So naturally I went out to get some errands done. Since I’m still getting used to the car, I took the opportunity to check out the limits of tire grip in the wet. I have the front wheel drive limited. It’s quite easy to break traction with a little goosing of the go pedal. I was glad to see the traction control kick in smoothly and not just cut power abruptly. I was able to break the tires loose from the start and going around corners , Was still able to power slide some without the nanny kicking in and making things rough and jumpy. Kudos to Hyundai for keeping it smooth and giving the driver the choice to slip the wheels a bit. I will wait for a little Better weather to try again with the traction control off. I have the goodyear tires and I’m not a fan of them.. I had them before on other cars that came with them from the factory and they quickly dry out and become hard and slick. I will look forward to getting a nice set of tires in a year or two. Fun little car..

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Be safe! We're getting the remnants of one here that came out of Mexico. Allot of rain today!
Blessings and Peace

1 - 2 of 2 Posts