Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
96% of the time I'm in sport mode, I hit the button to the left of the steering wheel to turn off traction control, unless it's rainy, and move the shifter to the left to put in the gear I want when I drive. Very rarely do I drive it in normal, just to remember what it feels like or if the cops are around.

http://instagr.am/p/B4319h8Ae6Q/

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
96% of the time I'm in sport mode, I hit the button to the left of the steering wheel to turn off traction control, unless it's rainy, and move the shifter to the left to put in the gear I want when I drive. Very rarely do I drive it in normal, just to remember what it feels like or if the cops are around.

I actually drive my car in normal almost all of the time, I have a heavy foot in general so it helps me more ~ currently averaging 18.7 mpg city driving in Chicago

if I need to go a bit faster I just slam it into manual mode

installing my own intake didn’t help with MPG :p

·
Registered
4 Posts
Probably 50/50 comfort and sport

Comfort around town and usually with passengers (tho depends on who)

Sport all other times. have to be careful with city speed limits, car can move ?

Never used eco mode, comfort is efficient enough. Presume someone somewhere has!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Normal most of the time. I only use Sport if I'm on a windy fun to drive road for the most part. I don't see any reason to play with the traction control.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I do the same while enjoying the MPG. The manual shift & sport mode really is fun when that special road arrives.

·
Super Moderator
987 Posts
sport mode almost always.. just recently I used normal mode and drove "normally" a few times.. My mpg went up 5+ mpg and I didn't get there any slower.... but I find the DCT upshifts too soon so I still prefer sport mode even when driving normally. I have myself programmed to hit the sport mode after startup before I back out..

·
Super Moderator
987 Posts

Nice drive-by sounds, deep tone, sounds good. (y)

·
Registered
70 Posts
i only use eco when on long hwy drives, otherwise i'm in sport, especially when getting onto said hwys. normal/comfort uses more gas, my hubby has a tendency to use it in normal a lot, since he forgets to switch it when he borrows it. since i live in the land of snow and ice, i find sport is better for dealing with it, plus that handy hill assist button.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Im always in sport mode, but then again i did the double relay mod so when the car is turned on, sport mode is automatically engaged. Usually toss it into normal in area's of high police presents.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Im always in sport mode, but then again i did the double relay mod so when the car is turned on, sport mode is automatically engaged. Usually toss it into normal in area's of high police presents.
Could you explain the double relay mod please

·
Registered
16 Posts
Nice lip kit. Installed them recently? Where you got them?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts