Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a 2022 Kona SEL. Love it so far but I am new to the Key FOB, etc. My old car was key only.

If I lock doors I can verify door is locked by pulling door handle. To unlock when in proximity I press black button and it unlocks.
How do I verify trunk, since trunk ONLY has proximity button.

If I lock my car and put my keys in my house then come back out side to check if locked, doors are locked. Trunk isn't half the time.
Seems random.

Can I look in the app to see if my lift-gate is locked?

In the manual the trunk is called the "lift-gate".

·
Registered
2019 White Ultimate
317 Posts
If I lock my car and put my keys in my house then come back out side to check if locked, doors are locked. Trunk isn't half the time.
Sometimes there's so much crap in my pocket that it manages to hold the trunk unlock button on my key. I don't think there's protection for this.
If random things hit the unlock button, the car times out and re-locks the doors after (15 seconds?) time if no doors were opened.

Seems random.
Depends I guess... Scenarios I've tried and results as I remember them.?
-Get out of driver's, hit button with all doors closed, all doors lock.
-Get out of driver's, hit button while trunk is open, all doors lock. Close trunk and it's locked.
-Car is locked, walk up to trunk and open. Then close. Random results as to whether it locks again. Generally it locks back up.

Can I look in the app to see if my lift-gate is locked?
YES. You can also get notifications. I have these on but frankly I get so bombarded I ignore them most of the time.

·
Super Moderator
1,217 Posts
I haven’t had that issue.. I leave my car in the garage unlocked, just the driver side is unlocked. Every time I try to open the hatch with the key fob in the house it is locked and I have to hit the unlock button inside the car which will then allow me to open it from the rear. I have never found it unlocked.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well last couple days it seems to be working reliably. Weird. I have been locking mainly from passenger side door, the lock all button. Bring key fob in house go back out check trunk lock, and it's locked. So maybe problem fixed it self. Maybe I was doing something wrong. Not use to this key fob stuff. Thx everyone for your help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts