Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the AWD ultimate model 2019.
I noticed that I can feel the hot air coming from the vents while driving. I have the heat turned off and even with the vents closed, there is air blowing from the vents at my legs and from the two vents by the doors on the dashboard.
I was wondering if anyone else noticed this issue.
Thanks in advance,
KNC

·
Super Moderator
1,343 Posts
I have the AWD ultimate model 2019.
I noticed that I can feel the hot air coming from the vents while driving. I have the heat turned off and even with the vents closed, there is air blowing from the vents at my legs and from the two vents by the doors on the dashboard.
Thanks in advance,
KNC
No issues.. I keep the temp on low, upper vents and have ambient temps coming thru the vents..
When you stop the car, the engine heat will heat up the vents and warm air will blow for a bit until
It cools down some..

·
Registered
43 Posts
I had this issue, Then my wife discovered that if you last had the temperature on heat it would be warm, and cold for cold. So I just put it in a place that I'm comfortable and turn off the air. It's a very strange thing.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had this issue, Then my wife discovered that if you last had the temperature on heat it would be warm, and cold for cold. So I just put it in a place that I'm comfortable and turn off the air. It's a very strange thing.
Same issue, and with our 2010 elantra. But with the Limited (dial temp control) we are able to adjust the temp through the vents when the system is off.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I noticed that I can feel the hot air coming from the vents while driving.
OK, so I am not the only one that noticed this.

I have the 2018 Ltd AWD and I have NEVER turned on the heat in my vehicle. I only run the AC (74) or ride with the windows and sunroof open and noticed that warm air comes through the vents with the climate control off. Normally I just shut the vents.

·
Super Moderator
1,343 Posts
OK, so I am not the only one that noticed this.

I have the 2018 Ltd AWD and I have NEVER turned on the heat in my vehicle. I only run the AC (74) or ride with the windows and sunroof open and noticed that warm air comes through the vents with the climate control off. Normally I just shut the vents.
the temp control is active when the system is off.. It remembers the last setting. So turn your temp to its lowest, turn the system off and you should be getting ambient temps coming through the vents. If the car has been used and is sitting off for a bit.. It tends to heat up the ducts from the engine heat.. Then it takes a few minutes for outside air to cool down the vents to ambient temps..

·
Registered
4 Posts
We had the same problem, out of nowhere, the vents started blowing hot air, while driving But as we turned on ac, and moved from 25c, previosuly set, to 22 l, cold air started to come...very wierd

1 - 8 of 8 Posts