Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone so my 2022 kona horn doesnt work I changed the fuse still nothing any suggestions? Thank you JENN

·
Registered
26 Posts
First step would be connect some light twin core automotive electrical cable to the battery terminals,. one on the positive, one on the negative. Or just a single wire on the positive and another single wire to the chassis near the horn. Bare metal, not a painted surface. Unplug the horn from the harness and apply the wires to the horn terminals. If it works, the problem is not the horn itself.

The wire connected to the positive on the battery will be live all the time. Be careful not to short it to the chassis as you move it around.

Beyond that I cannot help.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Hi everyone so my 2022 kona horn doesnt work I changed the fuse still nothing any suggestions? Thank you JENN
Go to the dealer. Frank had great advice for a non-warranted car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
First step would be connect some light twin core automotive electrical cable to the battery terminals,. one on the positive, one on the negative. Or just a single wire on the positive and another single wire to the chassis near the horn. Bare metal, not a painted surface. Unplug the horn from the harness and apply the wires to the horn terminals. If it works, the problem is not the horn itself.

The wire connected to the positive on the battery will be live all the time. Be careful not to short it to the chassis as you move it around.

Beyond that I cannot help.
Do this backwards. Attach the positive lead to the horn terminal first and the negative to the horn or chassis. THEN touch the positive lead to the battery to test the horn. Removes the danger of a bare positive touching the chassis as you try to get to the horn

1 - 5 of 5 Posts