Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,281 Posts
Good for you. Post a photo when it complete please.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I just received my Curt hitch, BUT, I don't have a Kona to put it on.......I and the dealer are getting the run around from the transport company. They are picking it up after 9 days of getting/ sitting on the contract to pick it up, they said it will be here in 3 days. To say I am a little peeved.

·
Super Moderator
266 Posts

That is what mine looks like.

A Picture I took for the dealer to get my plastic surround replaced (not a huge issue, I just don't want anything to be wrong with my new car)

·
Registered
2 Posts
That looks pretty good, was the dealer able to install it for you and is it a 2" hitch or 1 1/4"? I purchased my car in May but the dealer would not help with the hitch installation and I'm trying to find a good option for a 2" hitch to haul bikes.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I still like the idea one day of adding a hitch...still don’t get how in North America we don’t get rated for one.

Because of actuary tables, and if they don't rate it you MAY use your wife's or husband's larger truck to do all your towing. And in Europe many have only one car at best, and I would guess they don't sue as much.

Plus an added note. When I owned a Mazda 5, I was at the dealership and was talking to a sales guy and he said they where looking out the window one day at the car lot and they saw a guy pull up with a Mazda 3 with a Bobcat on a large trailer. He walk into the parts dept to buy a part and drove off. That is why they don't want to push trailer towing. Because of the stupid. We both assumed the guys truck broke down and he had a "job" that had to get done and he used his other car to make it happen. Est. of that weight on that setup would be in the 7,000 lbs plus.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Because of actuary tables, and if they don't rate it you MAY use your wife's or husband's larger truck to do all your towing. And in Europe many have only one car at best, and I would guess they don't sue as much.

Plus an added note. When I owned a Mazda 5, I was at the dealership and was talking to a sales guy and he said they where looking out the window one day at the car lot and they saw a guy pull up with a Mazda 3 with a Bobcat on a large trailer. He walk into the parts dept to buy a part and drove off. That is why they don't want to push trailer towing. Because of the stupid. We both assumed the guys truck broke down and he had a "job" that had to get done and he used his other car to make it happen. Est. of that weight on that setup would be in the 7,000 lbs plus.

:smile_big:

Haha, I would have had to of taken a picture of that!

·
Registered
611 Posts
:smile_big:

Haha, I would have had to of taken a picture of that!

They did, and there was a crowd of sales guys and management looking he said. They did get pictures. It was a big deal at the dealership he said. It was a couple years before when I was there that it happened.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts