Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear forum members,
Just wondering what is the highest total mileage you have achieved on your odometer? What problems have you had so far?
Thanks.

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Kona Limited EV
49 Posts
2020 Limited 16k miles and going strong. I changed the gear oil for my piece of mind after hearing about the issues with it here on the forums but that’s about it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am hoping that we keep this thread updated regularly as we pile on the miles and share the good and the challenges. We have already put over 2,000 miles on ours and are driving up and down the mountains in Colorado.

·
Registered
2020 Kona EV preferred trim, trailer hitch with wiring
76 Posts
Yes, the cabin air filter. Mine unfortunately had a mouse nest in it. Then the replacement was all warped when I checking it this year. I replaced it myself with a proper charcoal filter.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I am hoping that we keep this thread updated regularly as we pile on the miles and share the good and the challenges. ...
All the Kona EV forums have several years of history and as best as I can ascertain the gearbox/motor tapping noise is the only Achilles' Heel. There appear anecdotally to be less reports now than in the early days 2019-2020.

Major English speaking global forums:

France:

Germany:

Australia:

·
Registered
7 Posts
2021 Kona EV SEL.13 months old. 12K miles/year lease. 16,000 miles already! Just have to remind myself how much money I'm saving not having to buy gas right now.

Tire rotations every 5,000 miles. Second one should’ve been complimentary (regularly scheduled maintenance) but was charged for it. Long back and forth with a Hyundai case manager until they finally relented. I think they were tired of hearing from me. Should‘ve replaced the cabin air filter at 15,000 miles but forgot. Will order one from
Amazon tonight.

No other issues except bumper repair when someone backed into me in a grocery store parking lot. Got a BMW X2 loaner for a week. That was fun.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts