Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to cars and the forum, so bear with me.

2018 Limited AWD, Red

I have had this issue for a while and it drives me crazy. There is a faint, high-pitch buzzing/clicking noise coming from the passenger side when I turn on the air.

When I turn on the air, I can hear a clicking sound accelerate until it reaches a constant buzzing sound. (It's high-pitched, so it can be hard to detect, but drives me crazy after a while). As I increase the speed of the air, the frequency of the buzzing increases. As I lower the speed of the air, the frequency of the buzzing decreases. If I turn off the air, I can hear the clicking/buzzing decelerate until it stops.

Another thing to note is that it does not seem to happen all of the time and it occurs during warm or cold weather.

I have brought it to the dealership and they performed an evaporator service to clear out any dirt/junk that has been building up. However, afterwards, I was still able to hear it.

I brought it in again to the dealership to explain that the sound was still there, but as I was trying to show the guy the sound, it was no longer audible (again, it magically appears and disappears). Without being able to reliably produce the sound and describe the issue, I was recommended to not get service done on it or else they would have to spend a lot of time trying to identify the issue.

After reading more of the service manual, maybe this could be an issue with the blower/heater unit? Maybe something got stuck in there? Does anyone have any thoughts/insight on what the issue could be?

Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
428 Posts
Assume you haven't tried it. The blower is inside the glove compartment under the cabin filter. Open it up and change the fan speed. If the issue is there you should hear it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts