Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe it, but I curbed a wheel on my almost new Kona. :( I've read how to sand the damage down, but I can't seem to find any solid information on how to paint the wheels. What's the correct paint to buy? Do I need to prime it or clear it after I do the touch up work? Deeply appreciate any insight! They're just typical Hyundai silver alloy wheels that come on the Limited.

Thanks so much!

Michael

·
Registered
2018 Kona limited.
825 Posts
I can't believe it, but I curbed a wheel on my almost new Kona. :( I've read how to sand the damage down, but I can't seem to find any solid information on how to paint the wheels. What's the correct paint to buy? Do I need to prime it or clear it after I do the touch up work? Deeply appreciate any insight! They're just typical Hyundai silver alloy wheels that come on the Limited.

Thanks so much!

Michael

The oe wheels are powdercoated color, the rest of it is just clear coated over the machined face, and the code for them is not readily available. Best options is to check a wheel repair shop.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The oe wheels are powdercoated color, the rest of it is just clear coated over the machined face, and the code for them is not readily available. Best options is to check a wheel repair shop.
I appreciate the reply! The purpose of my question though was to see if any members have made repairs in a DIY capacity. What brand and color paint did they use? How was the color match and how has it held up? What process did they follow once the wheel rash was fixed? Surely there's someone on here who fixed a curbed wheel on their own and didn't go to a wheel shop, right? Thanks again for taking the time to reply. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Has anyone repaired a curbed wheel and needed to match the paint? What did you use? Help please. :) This is the last piece of the puzzle for me. I'm sure others would benefit from your knowledge on this! Thanks so much.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts