Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 2021 Kona Night Edition in January. So I hit the curb pulling into my sister's coffee shop and scraped one of my rims. Any ideas on how to fix it? Thanks!
20210430_145303.jpg

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hurts just looking at it. Is the paint scratched off or is it dirt ground into the paint? wash it to see what the extent of damage it. If you just sractchrd the paint you might be able to touch it up yourself. If not, take it to a rim shop and see what they say

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I bought my 2021 Kona Night Edition in January. So I hit the curb pulling into my sister's coffee shop and scraped one of my rims. Any ideas on how to fix it? Thanks! View attachment 5304
I have one close to that too. I have anew spare rim for that reason (I bought 5 rims) but want to save it for a hard slam that is a lot worse. I ended up adding some car touch paint from another silver Hyundai I owned that was very close. Most bigger cites have a rim fixing painting shop. You can talk to used car managers and ask who they use. They fix rims like yours monthly at larger dealerships, and there are guys that have mobile trucks to do mobile tire changing and most have become rim fixers too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hurts just looking at it. Is the paint scratched off or is it dirt ground into the paint? wash it to see what the extent of damage it. If you just sractchrd the paint you might be able to touch it up yourself. If not, take it to a rim shop and see what they say
The paint is scratched but no dirt ground in. I'll try to touch it up. Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have one close to that too. I have anew spare rim for that reason (I bought 5 rims) but want to save it for a hard slam that is a lot worse. I ended up adding some car touch paint from another silver Hyundai I owned that was very close. Most bigger cites have a rim fixing painting shop. You can talk to used car managers and ask who they use. They fix rims like yours monthly at larger dealerships, and there are guys that have mobile trucks to do mobile tire changing and most have become rim fixers too.
My rims came with the car so unfortunately no spare. I'll look for some touch up paint and try that. If that doesn't work, I'll start making some calls.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts