Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a Kia Soul EV before this, so familiar with the sibling company, but never had Hyundai before. The Kia gave me 5 trouble-free years (mostly), so figured my next car should have a swoopy H emblem. Wasn't in love with the Kona styling at first, but somehow it grew on me, especially the divorced headlamp styling. Was always a fan of that design element ever since I saw it on a Nissan Juke, but that car is now gone. Bless the little oddball.

Saw a Kona SE AWD near me that seems to fit in my limited budget, and went to check it out. My main shopping criteria was for something of similar size to my Soul EV, get good mileage, and have AWD cause Houston's roads might as well be considering off-roading sometimes. The old Soul didn't have any of the modern safety technologies either, and the battery was taking a severe beating with the Texas heat, so I had to let her go.

Loving it so far! Got it tinted, changed out the low-beams halogen with LED, and interiors lighting as well. A pair of mud guards are on the way, and I'm debating whether to spray-paint the SE rims black, they looks ok, but I think they would look better in matte black!

·
Registered
13 Posts
welcome! nice looking car! is that the surf blue? i`m new here myself. not my first Hyundai though. i bought a Hyundai Excel new in 1990 and drove it 13 years with no major issues. just routine maintenance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
welcome! nice looking car! is that the surf blue? i`m new here myself. not my first Hyundai though. i bought a Hyundai Excel new in 1990 and drove it 13 years with no major issues. just routine maintenance.
Yes it is the Surf Blue! A bit darker in that picture though due to the shade.

I've been hearing excellent news about Hyundai/Kia Reliability, seems like they're just improving every year. This SE Trim has the 2.0 NA engine with the regular 6 speed auto, so I hope it's gonna be less problematic down the line compare to the 1.6 Turbo and the DCT. Still pretty peppy, and I've been getting 35MPG so it's fantastic!

Looks good in the rain!

·
Registered
13 Posts
yes that does look good in the rain. i went with the sonic silver and mine is also the SE. i just wish the fog lights were available on the SE.

·
Premium Member
2020 Hyundai Kona
38 Posts
Yes it is the Surf Blue! A bit darker in that picture though due to the shade.

I've been hearing excellent news about Hyundai/Kia Reliability, seems like they're just improving every year. This SE Trim has the 2.0 NA engine with the regular 6 speed auto, so I hope it's gonna be less problematic down the line compare to the 1.6 Turbo and the DCT. Still pretty peppy, and I've been getting 35MPG so it's fantastic!

Looks good in the rain! View attachment 4417
Beautiful color. Congrats.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts