Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To possibly change vehicles.

My V just turned 104k and then I saw a Kona ad.

So I am looking around and found this forum like I found the Veloster.org forum that helped me make that decision.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Yes welcome, if you are asking opinions, we got em ! Since you already owned Hyndia, you know how you like it or not. The Kona is this year first, but do not hear to many complaints yet, my input. It is a nice vehicle, more like two people. If need more room the next tuscon model is a little bigger. Think that is the next one, but do not know much about it problem wise ? If interested in a Kona, seems the main question is a basic 2.0 engine sel and package is best pick, or turbo 1.6 ultimate ? Wish we could have had better options packages with all models ! Would have paid for the gps built in and digital termperature controller as extras myself. Best shopping and dexision in 2018 !

·
Super Moderator
1,141 Posts
I recently purchased an ultimate Kona.. my first Hyundai.. been driving sports cars most of my adult life..
So I opted for the turbo DCT version.. Now I have a useful ride that can carry people and things !!
I never thought I would be happy in an SUV , or expect it to look descent !
It’s fun to drive and is pretty quick for what it is ... it’s rather stark inside with lots of hard plastics...
But it’s done up nicely and everything comes together and feels more upscale than the individual pieces would
Suggest. It drives smoothly and is very quiet when cruising.. the engine sounds a bit industrial and crude hen pushed..
But it makes up for it with lots of low end torque... you will think you’re driving a small V8 at times..
Very fun to drive, easy to look at, nice comfort and safety features.. all for a reasonable price in a neat
Looking package.. Overall.. I’m very pleased with the car... more so than I thought I would be..

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Mahalo and Welcome!

Buy the Ultimate with FWD or AWD.

Blessings and Peace

1 - 6 of 6 Posts