Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A heated steering wheel is not offered on any US version.
It is available in Canada, Australia, etc.
I'm wondering if the heating element may be installed or "pre-wired" and they just leave out the switch.?
My wheel looks identical to the Canadian version from pictures on the web.
If anyone knows more about this please share. I'd like to have this option if it's easily added.
Thanks

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Well the steering wheel will have a heating element inside. So, you would have to acquire another Canadian or Australian steering. I'm not sure it's prewired either and it's reasonable to say, it's not in the US model. You'd also have to acquire the button and wiring harness in this case and I haven't seen it offered on eBay or other Hyundai Parts website. IMHO, it would be worth the extra effort or expenditure. :plain:

Don't get me wrong, I thought about it for a very short time and I might have opted for it. However, the effort and the money involved was enough to for me to nix the idea.:smile:

Blessing and Peace:grin:

·
Registered
32 Posts
That’s unbelievable that it’s not offered on any of the US models. I believe the good people of the northern states have similar winters to us Canucks here on the prairies. I love the heated steering wheels on my Hyundai vehicles. Hyundai really dropped the ball on this one, imho.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I would also add that have a timer built in to prevent undue battery discharge same with how Subaru limits the time on its heater element in the windshield , but as what was stated above to all this you would also need a dedicated circuit, harness ,wheel and then how much are you out for all this most likely 500 or more.

·
Registered
42 Posts
At first I thought a heated steering wheel was extending heated seats to an absurd level, but after using a bare hand to warm a flat block heater cord so it wouldn't snap off like a stick of stale licorice, and then scrapping the windows with a credit card, I have to admit that the toasty wheel felt pretty good.

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
That’s unbelievable that it’s not offered on any of the US models. I believe the good people of the northern states have similar winters to us Canucks here on the prairies. I love the heated steering wheels on my Hyundai vehicles. Hyundai really dropped the ball on this one, imho.
Yep, well we can't have everything now can we?:grin:

Blessings and Peace

·
Registered
96 Posts
I think in the future we'll be seeing automakers move towards more universal models. It really doesn't make any sense to limit options such as this between regions with such similar climates.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
YEAH!!! Here in Minnesota that would come in really handy. I don't like to wear gloves driving, that would of been a sweet addition.

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
It sure would!

Blessings and Peace

1 - 9 of 9 Posts