Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Ultimate AWD and I'm getting a good amount of heat from the center console. I realize there are some heat generating parts in there but it's warm enough that my leg sweats while driving. Does anyone else's get that warm?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry, it was late when I posted this and didn't realize I was in the EV section. I reached out to the mods to have it moved or removed.

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
No problem Rob. Check the seat and make sure the seat heater isn't on. My rear end and thighs got really warm and I finally realized it was the heated seat was on. Tells you how good the heated seats really are in the Kona.:smile:

Though, you shouldn't be getting much heat from the center console as the exhaust is routed to the right of center, facing the rear of the vehicle, underneath. The differential is located forward and to the left of the center console, so it wouldn't be generating heat at your thighs.:wink:

Blessings and Peace

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply. Seat heater is off, and you're right it does get very warm I tried it the other day. My drive to work is 35 miles each way, about 25 on the highway 10 in the city, and it's always warm towards the end of the journey. I have my 1K mile maintenance appointment for tomorrow so I'm going to ask them about it. Even where the qi charger is it is warm and I'm not using it.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have an Ultimate AWD and I'm getting a good amount of heat from the center console. I realize there are some heat generating parts in there but it's warm enough that my leg sweats while driving. Does anyone else's get that warm?
I live in a very hot location and have not had the issue you have with sweating , the center does get warm but not excessive to be hot. I also just point the vents down low to get enough ac across my legs but also these vents are tricky sometime as with direction and if you go to far to one side it will shut off. So just in case make sure your vents are open as I have shut them off by accident especially the one that next to steering wheel.

Also the heat that might rise up through the center line of the car would be exhaust but it does sit below the drive shaft so enough possible space to disperse heat, one thing I did was to undercoat the whole drive line but mainly for noise not heat.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does anyone else's heater make a loud noise when it's above medium fan speed? It's loud in general due to the amount of air flow, but there seems to be an additional noise I can't pinpoint. Sound like maybe a motor or something?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts