Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
hing above! I have a friend who has only had Gti's and now he is in the market for an N after seeing mine. He wants to test out the Elantra N but is leaning towards the Kona. Hyundai is making big moves in this segment and plucking away life long VW fanboys such as myself.
A good friend of 22+ years that got me into the car scene has been in the Kona N a few times now. He said compared to the Tiburon GT and the 2020 Elantra Sport that I have owned he definitely can see Hyundai tuned this car for the track. He has been in my ear now since I bought my car to AutoX it and I told him after I hit 1K mileage. Well that happened this past Sunday when went out for coffee and now it is a matter of finding time and actually doing it.

I've been a fan of Hyundai since 2002 when they launched the second gen of the Tiburon. I wanted a Genesis track edition but simply didn't have the funds at that time to buy a new car. And I'm glad I waited to buy the Kona N.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Well my experience with my Kona N has been a mixed bag. People who like cars are shocked when I drive by with the Kona and many are confused by how good the car sounds.

When the engine is off and I am either getting out of the car or getting in the car the compliments I receive about the car looks are from older ladies that are around 60 years of age. In fact my mom really likes how it looks but won’t buy it because it’s not AWD.

With all that said, engine on = cool for younger crowd. Just sitting in the parking lot = cute car from the older ladies. It’s a car that both older and younger generation like.

My daughter calls it the broom 🧹 car…not vroom but broom, lol…

As for me, the N models are what I wanted from Hyundai when I bought my Tiburon GT 20 years ago. In fact exactly 20 years to the day I bought my Kona N.

Hyundai performance cars are grown up and for me I feel 20 years younger behind the wheel.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts