Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When turning steering wheel there is soft like groan sound. 2020 Kona. Popped into Dealer and was told it’s normal. I just heard the sound recently. Went home. Taking back for complete review of problem after reading customers statements.

·
Registered
46 Posts
A few questions...

Did you just get your car, or has this sound been going on for a while?

How many miles do you have on the car?

Are you turning the wheel when at a complete stop, or does it make the sound when your foot is off the brake and the car is moving? If the car is moving, does it only do it a low speed (like a parking lot) or does it make the noise at higher speeds?

What is the model of your car (Limited, etc.)? Do you know what type of transmission you have? Is it a 6 speed, or 7 speed?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A few questions...

Did you just get your car, or has this sound been going on for a while?

How many miles do you have on the car?

Are you turning the wheel when at a complete stop, or does it make the sound when your foot is off the brake and the car is moving? If the car is moving, does it only do it a low speed (like a parking lot) or does it make the noise at higher speeds?

What is the model of your car (Limited, etc.)? Do you know what type of transmission you have? Is it a 6 speed, or 7 speed?

Thanks.
Kona is SEL, 2020. Recently noticed noise. Dolor sure when I drive or turn a corner. Haven’t paid attention enough to answer your other questions. Presume it’s 6 speed

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kona is SEL, 2020. Recently noticed noise. Dolor sure when I drive or turn a corner. Haven’t paid attention enough to answer your other questions. Presume it’s 6 speed
2300 miles. Had car since early spring. Let me know your thoughts please please. Thank you. Marge

·
Registered
46 Posts
Please find out when it makes the noise...stopped, in a parking lot, changing lanes on a city road (30-40mph).

Did the weather change recently and the noise started after that?

The more information you give us, the better we can help.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,090 Posts
When turning steering wheel there is soft like groan sound. 2020 Kona. Popped into Dealer and was told it’s normal. I just heard the sound recently. Went home. Taking back for complete review of problem after reading customers statements.
steering assist motor is mounted on the column in the car.. some units are louder than others Judging from these posts. It also depends on how much work you were asking of the assist. Turning the wheel while the car is sitting still requires the motor assist to work harder or going around corners, etc. It’s most likely functioning fine, but if it’s too loud complaining to Hyundai might get you a new steering assist motor that might be quieter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts