Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone removed or replaced their grill? I hit a turkey and cracked the plastic grill on the passenger side,no other damage but I am not looking to pay dealership prices to swap it out. If anyone has a place that they trust for parts and/or instructions for replacing a grill that would be awesome! Thanks!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Thanks, I appreciate that. My problem now is, my chrome is fine just the plastic is damaged. There are 2 different models, one with chrome and one without, but I can't find anything that says if the chrome is just another piece thus allowing me to swap my chrome or if it's just 1 peice that would force me to buy the chrome version. On ebay I saw 1 standalone chrome but I'm trying to confirm it one way to another prior to placing an order.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A pipe fell off of a truck and hit my grill so I need mine replaced on a 2018 Ultimate. Please post your findings. Thanks!

The dealership near me quoted me $1100 for everything, I'm 100% going to do it myself, it looks really simple. I was going to order the grill from one of those sites that is the parts department of a dealership but they told me that they do not come painted, I thought that was kind of strange so now I'm looking at the used and aftermarket grills.I saw some on ebay that should work. If I end up doing it myself I'll post pictures too. That really sucks about the pipe, like me, you're lucky that it was just the grill.

·
Registered
162 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,160 Posts
It’s always best to get the first imperfection done and out of the way quickly.. you got lucky.. great place for a
Bang up.. I got a small chip on my windshield.. enough to let me know it’s no longer factory perfect..

Be sure to check eBay

My Kona encountered a small stone damage on my front grill at only 1 week old. Drove me nuts, but it was right where a front license plate would go. Made the hole round, plugged it, got a custom plate. Was so close to replacing the grill.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_ssn=koreapartsnew&LH_PrefLoc=&_from=R40&_trksid=p2499338.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xkona.TRS0&_nkw=kona&_sacat=0

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Be sure to check eBay

My Kona encountered a small stone damage on my front grill at only 1 week old. Drove me nuts, but it was right where a front license plate would go. Made the hole round, plugged it, got a custom plate. Was so close to replacing the grill.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_ss...TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xkona.TRS0&_nkw=kona&_sacat=0

I'm looking to do that, but I figured I'd give Lime Twist Ultimate a couple days to reply to my DM, if he/she doesn't then I'll pull the trigger on ebay.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you find a match for the silver paint around the headlamps and lower grill let me know.
Someone scraped the silver trim around one headlight and found a close match but not perfect. I can always just paint the other one to match if I can't find the correct Hyundai color.

Thanks,
Erick

1 - 18 of 18 Posts