Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all... new Kona owner here. I pulled the trigger on Saturday after having to replace the second clutch pack on my 2014 Focus Titanium. Decided it was time to cut my losses and move on from that buggy Focus transmission. I was a little hesitant to pull the trigger on another DCT but some reading and Hyundai's excellent warranty put me somewhat at ease.

I loved the look of the Kona from the first time I saw the commercial. Hyundai had $1500 cash back through October 31 so I decided to take one for a test drive. What a fun car to drive! The DCT shifts so much better than the Focus; it's like night and day.

I was also considering the Subaru Crosstrek but I would have had to buy the highest model to get the features I wanted and it was substantially more expensive. The Kona Limited seems like a bargain, especially with the $1500 cash back. I do wish it came with the better audio as the stock system sounds a little flat, but that's easy enough to fix down the road.

Looking forward to learning more about my new ride!

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Mahalo and Welcome!

Blessings and Peace

Reactions: azsueh

·
Super Moderator
1,090 Posts
Congrats on your new ride... The limited hit the sweet spot for me as well..
I’m a less is more kind of guy.. It has more than enough options without
Going overboard.. Also makes it more fun to beat on when you’re spending less.. Lol..
The DCT really adds character to the car.. I haven’t really listened to the radio yet except
For setting up the stations and when my grandson was playing with it.. I more interested in
Listening to the operation of the drivetrain... Enjoy your new ride ..

·
Registered
238 Posts
Welcome aboard!

I was hesitant to getting a dct after hearing the horror stories of the VW dsg and ford's power$hit dct. It seems like the Hyundai has their poop in a group with their DCT.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Besat of luck and enjoy. Now to accessorize it ! That is what makes it YOUR's.
YES!! I'm already shopping for goodies... :smile:

I was hesitant to getting a dct after hearing the horror stories of the VW dsg and ford's power$hit dct. It seems like the Hyundai has their poop in a group with their DCT.
I sure hope so! My Focus was made a few months too late to qualify for the 14M01 campaign which is what extended the warranty on the clutch packs to 100,000 miles. They said my car didn't have the issue. Two clutch packs in 46,000 miles? :rolleyes: I've spoken with several others who had 2014's in the same boat. Ford won't do anything but keep throwing the same crappy parts at them hoping the problem will just go away. I qualified for the class action suit because I had two replaced under the 60,000 power train warranty but I decided it was just better to move on.

Anyway, I couldn't be happier with my decision. Loving this car already!

Attachments

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Reactions: azsueh

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Yeah!!!! The Kona Luxon Strut Tower Brace is on it way from Shark Racing. I ought to have it by middle of next week! Yeehaw.

Blessings and Peace

1 - 9 of 9 Posts