Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to get one since about a month ago and went/called 12 different dealers within 100 miles of Orlando, FL (where I live) and Daytona Beach Hyundai just sold their first one on the lot 3 weeks ago when I called them. A long story short they didn't have anyone on the line which was shocking and they said they would love to put my name down first to talk about prices and such when they get the next one which they said in about 2 weeks or so. A week ago they got this Kona N on their lot and the sales person called me if I'm still interested (of course I said heck yeah!) and since I live about an hr away I wanted to do the most of negotiations over the phone which went smooooooth. They even asked if I want it delivered to my house I'm said no, I want to drive it lol. MSRP on this was 35770 and they charged 2000 for "market adjustment" but wait, they ended up giving me 4000 more for my trade in than if I was selling to a carmax dealer 2 months ago. I also ended up getting 10 yr bumper to bumper with 0 deductible as well as 10 yr maintenance including 6k mile oil change and tire rotation package because even getting those 2, I was paying 7000 less than the most ridiculous Hyundai dealer in Orlando (Headquarter Hyundai). Last time I owned decent fun car was in 2008 and I feel like I'm young again!!!
PS: Posted on Facebook saying "The fastest car I've ever owned is a Hyundai 馃槑馃槑馃槑"

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Grille

Read Only
just a fyi, i had 3year maintenance included, but it didnt actually include the oil grade my limited required, they kept putting 5w20 in it, even after i paid an additional 40 bucks for the correct oil per the manual which was 5w30, congrats tho!!

Registered
I've been trying to get one since about a month ago and went/called 12 different dealers within 100 miles of Orlando, FL (where I live) and Daytona Beach Hyundai just sold their first one on the lot 3 weeks ago when I called them. A long story short they didn't have anyone on the line which was shocking and they said they would love to put my name down first to talk about prices and such when they get the next one which they said in about 2 weeks or so. A week ago they got this Kona N on their lot and the sales person called me if I'm still interested (of course I said heck yeah!) and since I live about an hr away I wanted to do the most of negotiations over the phone which went smooooooth. They even asked if I want it delivered to my house I'm said no, I want to drive it lol. MSRP on this was 35770 and they charged 2000 for "market adjustment" but wait, they ended up giving me 4000 more for my trade in than if I was selling to a carmax dealer 2 months ago. I also ended up getting 10 yr bumper to bumper with 0 deductible as well as 10 yr maintenance including 6k mile oil change and tire rotation package because even getting those 2, I was paying 7000 less than the most ridiculous Hyundai dealer in Orlando (Headquarter Hyundai). Last time I owned decent fun car was in 2008 and I feel like I'm young again!!!
PS: Posted on Facebook saying "The fastest car I've ever owned is a Hyundai 馃槑馃槑馃槑"

View attachment 7116
Congrats man! I'm in St. Pete and dealt with the same thing until a local dealer had 5 on the lot. Played hardball and got a great deal and a great offer on my GTI trade.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats man! I'm in St. Pete and dealt with the same thing until a local dealer had 5 on the lot. Played hardball and got a great deal and a great offer on my GTI trade.
Wow. 5 on the lot, the one in Daytona said they are getting 1 a month guess its depending on the size of the dealer

Registered
Wow. 5 on the lot, the one in Daytona said they are getting 1 a month guess its depending on the size of the dealer
Yeah its in Tampa Florida. They are doing major construction on the lot and have a very limited amount of space so they are having to move vehicles quick. I talked with them on a Saturday and couldn't work out a deal. The next day they called met my price and the amount I wanted for my trade.

Registered
i intend to move out of the Vampire State of New York, to around 60 miles north of Orlando. So, i will be checking out which dealer i can trust to do the factory warranty work and free maintenance. hope to be there before the lunatics here elect another tax and spending lover.....馃檮馃挬馃ぎ

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i intend to move out of the Vampire State of New York, to around 60 miles north of Orlando. So, i will be checking out which dealer i can trust to do the factory warranty work and free maintenance. hope to be there before the lunatics here elect another tax and spending lover.....馃檮馃挬馃ぎ
Dealers in Orlando areas are ok, just take sooooo long to do anything because dealers tend to over book everyday. For example my dad has a 2019 Toyota Rav4 and it takes them about 3 hours to do free maintenance (oil, filter, tire rotation and exterior wash). And the longest I've ever stayed at a dealer to do free maintenance was 8 hours at a Honda dealer which I ended up letting them drop me off at the house and got picked up again after 2 hours of waiting and I couldn't wait there any longer. For warranty works, I had to do like 3 times in past 15 years owning 10 plus cars and they all went smooth but again waiting were longer than "should"

Registered
Dealers in Orlando areas are ok, just take sooooo long to do anything because dealers tend to over book everyday. For example my dad has a 2019 Toyota Rav4 and it takes them about 3 hours to do free maintenance (oil, filter, tire rotation and exterior wash). And the longest I've ever stayed at a dealer to do free maintenance was 8 hours at a Honda dealer which I ended up letting them drop me off at the house and got picked up again after 2 hours of waiting and I couldn't wait there any longer. For warranty works, I had to do like 3 times in past 15 years owning 10 plus cars and they all went smooth but again waiting were longer than "should"
thanks for the info.馃榾

1 - 9 of 9 Posts