Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a heads up if your looking for an easy to apply, super glossy and durable wax for your Kona. Ive tried most brands and this seems to deystroy them all. I did read a few reviews that said it was hard to apply but not even close. went on easy (a little goes a long way). Easy to buff off. Check it out!

Im in canada so this is the link I purchase from. I would expect a bottle to last a long ass time.

Let me know what you think of it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have used Collinite 845 for several years on my cars, and best wax I have ever used by far (and there have been many). Goes on once a year in the fall, and surface still smooth to the touch the next year.

When I first got my Kona, the paint was particulary rough, almost like it encountered some kind of chemical over spray. I actually took it back to the dealer to ask them about it. However, when I felt other cars in the showroom, they were the same. The sales people laughed and said that is just Hyundai paint. Good news, after applying the Collinite 845, it really soaked it up, and now is as smooth as could be.

I bought mine from Amazon.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sold! I placed my order, will see how it goes. My most recent product is a spray on wipe off coating and while water beads fantastically, and for quite some time, it still gets persistent water marks on drying and seems to attract dust to the surface that then bonds. So like many, I'm endlessly looking for a better finish that repels water marks and repels everything, especially dust.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sold! I placed my order, will see how it goes. My most recent product is a spray on wipe off coating and while water beads fantastically, and for quite some time, it still gets persistent water marks on drying and seems to attract dust to the surface that then bonds. So like many, I'm endlessly looking for a better finish that repels water marks and repels everything, especially dust.
awesome man let me know your opinion on it! so far for my kona one application still looks glossy and repels dust and stuff. I use a spray wax for in between waxes its made by lucas (lucas quick spray wax) its cheap and better than others I've tried. Stoked to get your impression of the stuff because im amazed by it so far. im hoping one application will get me through our canadian winter.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Collinite 845 is a VERY special product. I’ve had great success with it in the past. It can, however, be a bit finicky to apply properly. Be sure to check out YouTube for proper application videos. There are several. Happy waxing!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts