Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've seen a few posts regarding adding cleaners (fuel and air stream) to prevent the carbon build up on the back of the intake valves resulting in rough idle .. as early as 8.6k.. some mention a catch can that should reduce some of the problem

what are you doing ??

i'm tempted by a pure vent.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Cleaners added to the gas tank willl do little to no help in removing carbon from GDI intake valves. Gas is injected directly into the cylinder so the back of the valves that get carbon deposits dont get washed with gas cleaner. I’m gonna use sea foam or equivalent product added via intake. Probably every other oil change.

·
Registered
79 Posts
i've seen a few posts regarding adding cleaners (fuel and air stream) to prevent the carbon build up on the back of the intake valves resulting in rough idle .. as early as 8.6k.. some mention a catch can that should reduce some of the problem

what are you doing ??

i'm tempted by a pure vent.
I have 0 interest in a catch can in the prairies of Canada due to the weather, so I just get the intake cleaning service done at my dealership. They use Seacan directly in the throttle-body and in a few vacuum lines, and it cleans off the backs of the valves. I am pushing 45k mi (65k km) and no rough idle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts