Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Front & rear sport brake pads finally here for Ultimate, Limited, and Iron Man Kona's.

We were waiting a couple years for the rear pads to become available and I received an email from the the Power Stop Rep yesterday they are here and Rock Auto will have them up for sale today. They are Power Stop Z23's. So far it is the only complete pad set out there, since the Kona rear brakes are only used on the Kona, The Kona front brakes are use on Sport model Elantra's, Veloster's, Sonota's, and Kona's and a couple Kia's too. So front sport pads were available right away. The rears have held us back from a full pad set for 2.5 years.

They are in the Premium Section.

POWER STOP Z231855

POWER STOP Z236010

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I received the rear brakes and have the front Z23 pads still in the box from buying them 3 months ago. I will be installing the rear Z23's only and do some testing to see if the new material has more friction then the OEM rear pads and by how much.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
After about 50 miles and lot of braking and rear parking brake bedding, I would say the rears are 10%+ better They still need another 500 plus miles of heavy use till they will match up with the existing groves in the rotor from the brake pads before. So they will only become better. I am also putting in the fronts this weekend.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts