Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys a little intro I am from Malta , I own a hyundai kona model 2019 but bought it last 2 months with 2k km on the clock and just had my first service yesterday :p it's 1.0 t gdi and have the mid pack don't know what's it called in other countries sorry,

Back on topic, i think it is possible to swap the ariel to shark fin but how easy would it be? Expensive? Any one has done it or maybe tought about it?, the reason behind this is that I like the look of the shark fin plus here is extremely hot and I cover my car so have to remove the aerial every day, what you guys think? :unsure:

·
Registered
385 Posts
Greetings and Welcome

I used the "Search Community" located in the black bar Lots of shark fin and racing hits, just not much on the install.
YouTube has a lot of aftermarket shark fin install videos.
Here's one about removing a factory fin on a 2013 Genesis.
If you're going aftermarket (AliExpress Amazon) you'll need your color code and that's all.
Unscrew the stub, screw the wire from the fin, peel and stick...your done (y)

·
Registered
385 Posts
I've used a aftermarket fin (not the Kona) with good results.
Do lots of research, size and color, the color is on the door plate.

Let us know if you get one.
I would like to add a color coded (sonic silver) shark fin antenna to my 2019 SE Kona and am not over enthusiastic about the $175 price tag Hyundai quoted me. Anyone know where else I can get one with my specific color? I know they have black ones on ebay for $129, but I'd really like it in silver. tia ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts