Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai KOVA EV Ultimate
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, over the winter, me and a coworker both broke the plastic grill for the cabin air intake located under the right wiper. She got quoted something over 400$can to replace the entire plastic assembly located under the wipers. I'm thinking that we must not be the first to break this part since it is fairly thin plastic and anyone breaking the ice off would have the same damage on that grill (I had the same issue with my 2016 KIA Soul).

Does anyone know if we could just bolt on a metal grill made specifically for that over the cheap plastic grill and if so, where can I find one? I don't want to have it dealer replaced as it is bound to break again next winter!

Thanks for any and all help you guys can provide.
Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Tire Automotive exterior

·
Registered
2018 Kona limited.
917 Posts
Hi guys, over the winter, me and a coworker both broke the plastic grill for the cabin air intake located under the right wiper. She got quoted something over 400$can to replace the entire plastic assembly located under the wipers. I'm thinking that we must not be the first to break this part since it is fairly thin plastic and anyone breaking the ice off would have the same damage on that grill (I had the same issue with my 2016 KIA Soul).

Does anyone know if we could just bolt on a metal grill made specifically for that over the cheap plastic grill and if so, where can I find one? I don't want to have it dealer replaced as it is bound to break again next winter!

Thanks for any and all help you guys can provide.
View attachment 6775

Even with the vent covered, you would still get fresh air into the vehicle. So not sure how both of you broke it. I recommend checking a junkyard for the part. Though you could form a metal mesh in place, the wind noise would be annoying, and of coarse has a rusting issue in the long term.

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai KOVA EV Ultimate
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheap and thin plastic that got covered in ice and in breaking off the ice, the plastic also broke.

I thought someone could have had the same issue and maybe a part had been created to remedy the situation.

Thanks for your help. I'll keep looking for a solution.

·
Administrator
662 Posts
Does anyone know if we could just bolt on a metal grill made specifically for that over the cheap plastic grill and if so, where can I find one? I don't want to have it dealer replaced as it is bound to break again next winter
the mesh they use to keep leaves out of the rain gutter.

·
Registered
33 Posts
In winter did you put your wipers in winter mode, i think it is why you had problem with the ice there

In winter when you shut the car off, pull the wipers stalk all the way up until the wiper go up on the windshield, they where park there it's help a lot

1 - 7 of 7 Posts