Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
It’s hard to set off and I don’t think it brakes your car, it’s just a alarm to warn you of collision. I had it come on very rarely and I don’t know if it brakes for you. Kona SE fwd

·
Super Moderator
499 Posts
The radar does most of the work, the cam is supplementary. Too bad not all models have smart cruise control then it is easy to tell. You can put a piece of aluminum foil over the radar and drive around the block. you should get a blockage warning.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had an instance where I was driving at about 35 MPH, the car in front of me made a sudden stop and before I could hit the brake, the FCA kicked in just as I raised my foot for the brake pedal. It sounded and felt like the anti-skid braking you would get on ice.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The warning beeps will go off on my Kona when I approach a T intersection where there is a tall building. "Look out! There's a building stopped in front of you!!!" Husband's Ioniq goes off EVERY TIME he comes up the steep hill to our house. It reads the road, especially where there is a sharp turn, as an obstacle. I turned off my lane keep warning (except when turn signals are used) because it reads tire marks and road grooves as lane indicators!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts