Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Wow that is really bad. Are you not in the Vegas area? How much water can you possibly be getting from driving in rain? You’re not river crossing are you?

Off to the dealership for sure.

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
How tight are the seals, when you changed the fog lamps to the higher amperage? Unplug the bulbs, use a hair dryer and let them dry out.

Blessings and Peace

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How tight are the seals, when you changed the fog lamps to the higher amperage? Unplug the bulbs, use a hair dryer and let them dry out.

Blessings and Peace
I did that already and it came back again and I checked the seals on LED bulbs and everything is fine nice and tight

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will put my factory fog light bulbs back in and then take it to the dealer and see what they say.....

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Strange for sure. Hope it works out either way. Good call on putting the OEM bulbs back in.

Blessings and Peace

·
Registered
12 Posts
That's not normal. Much like my passenger side DRL having had condensation, the dealer looked at it and replaced it under warranty just last week.

·
Registered
128 Posts
If you pop the halogens back in for a bit it should burn off the moisture and you'd be good to go I think

·
Banned
179 Posts
Are you using the factory H8 bulbs, or the optional H11? There are quite a few people on the fb pages that have issues with the H11 variant, since they lock in differently.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's not normal. Much like my passenger side DRL having had condensation, the dealer looked at it and replaced it under warranty just last week.
I'm here at the delaer now for my appointment , they went out and said yeah you have condensation in your fog lights. ... Lol

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are you using the factory H8 bulbs, or the optional H11? There are quite a few people on the fb pages that have issues with the H11 variant, since they lock in differently.
I had the LED H11 bulbs in and hope that's the issue really , if so I have new rubber seals for them that are ridiculously a tight fit around the base then the old ones !

·
Registered
238 Posts
I'm here at the delaer now for my appointment , they went out and said yeah you have condensation in your fog lights. ... Lol
So I had this issue as well a few days after taking home my new Kona. In fact, is came and went but after running the stock bulbs every time I drove it, the condensation evaporated and hasn't come back. When I installed the H11 LEDs I put a fine layer of silicone grease on the seals, this made re-installation very easy. A 4 oz. tube of silicone grease is extremely handy to have ($10) and for a non-mechanic, this will last you 3+years. https://www.amazon.com/Super-Lube-Silicone-Lubricating-Translucent/dp/B0081JE0OO

Reactions: habs33

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The dealer took 30 min and came back and said we are ordering you 2 new fog light assemblies free under warranty .... he said even with an aftermarket bulb in there , tgats too much condensation for that to happen ???

·
Registered
25 Posts
Is anyone else experiencing condensation in the fog lights ? Mine are both really bad and I will be taking it into the dealer I checked both and they're not cracked !
Not in the fog lights, but I did have condensation/water in the passenger side running light. Took it in to a local dealer and they replaced it under warranty.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts

Both of my running lights have the same problem.. only happens when driving extended amount of time in heavy rain..
service manager show me the TSB.. crap .. must be shown over 2 separate visits .. plus repair.. for a total of 3 visits to get a TSB fixed..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts